Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooters MasterCard Going Away being replaced by Merrick Visa

tag
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Hooters MasterCard Going Away being replaced by Merrick Visa

@tammyjk wrote:

Just got my letter as well Smiley Sad  But on the bright side, I checked my account and they gave me 350 cli.  I hope it does show the same open date ect.  I would hate to lose points over a Hooters card..geeeez  I am betting that my regular cli's will go bye bye too.  I was getting used to them. I am just re-reading this letter and it says we will be getting new account numbers.  They will have to show the old ones as closed correct?  I dont think that can be good for a score.

Yes has to be new account numbers as Visa starts with a 4 and MC a 5

Congrats on your CLI

Message 11 of 28
IrishPM
Frequent Contributor

I received the letter too. June 22nd is the day that is supposed to be when new cards will be issued. The only reason why I had the hooters mastercard was for the rewards points so I could cash them in for the gift cards. I managed to spend enough on the card that each year I redeemed two $50 gift cards so it was somewhat worth it. Reading some reviews about Merrick Bank and they're about 50/50 like/dislike so we'll see how they do. I don't like the idea of being associated with a bank that is considered "subprime" or issuer of Visa cards for "those rebuilding their credit". I'll sock drawer it now since there's no incentive to use it and no rewards points. 

Message 12 of 28
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Oh Happy Day!  I hate the Hooters logo on the card.  It'll be awesome to have a respectable card to use in public without embarrassment. Smiley Happy

I just looked online and I have not used that card yet this year.  I'd better use it soon.   

...oops, I read wrong, it's a $3,500 credit limit. 

Senior Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

Oh Happy Day!  I hate the Hooters logo on the card.  It'll be awesome to have a respectable card to use in public without embarrassment. Smiley Happy

I just looked online and I have not used that card yet this year.  I'd better use it soon.   

LOL that made me laugh out loud you can always use the current card for gas or something where you swipe it yourself

Message 14 of 28
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

Hooters just closed down their Fort Wayne Colisium location...wonder if something is up...

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 15 of 28
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

is this your limit really? if so, it is the biggest limit i have heard of on a current hooters card. mine was 3200 before i closed it.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 16 of 28
john398
Senior Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

Hooters just closed down their Fort Wayne Colisium location...wonder if something is up...

Its probably just a franchise that closed

When I lived in Florida visited the original Hooters in Clearwater and I am sure they are  doing a booming business now just as they were than

Message 17 of 28
john398
Senior Contributor

Just got another letter saying there sending me a hooters gift card for $6.36  for what was left in my account, guess that may buy a beer LOL

Message 18 of 28
swpopham
Established Contributor

Got the same letter for $135.00 so at least I didn't lose my points
"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 19 of 28
heirophant
Established Contributor

Mine is $4200....not to brag.  I have heard of even higher limits a few years ago.  I had a really crappy score in the 500's when approved.  They were giving out unbelievably large limits to people with bad credit back in 2007 and that is why I applied.  Should be lots of posts about this from then because i heard about it on these boards and was not dissappointed when I applied.  It started with a 3K limit.  I will keep and use the Merrick card when it comes.  I have a lot of love for Merrick for their goodwill when my credit was crap.  

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.