Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooters card

tag
debz
Valued Member

Hooters card

I applied for the Hooters card on July 9th and haven't heard a peep from them.  Said I would hear something with 7-10 days.  My TU is 644 so I would think I'd be approved, but it sure would be nice to know either way.  How has everyone else's experience been?
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Hooters card

This company in my opinion was good. I had the same message and called back the next day and was approved with 3K cl. Not sure what they look for but my TU fico was over 620 when I applied and was approved. Just call the number on the website I want to say 1800- hooters. But they will tell you right away.  FYI no BK filed.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

They never replied back to me...they just sent me a card in the mail!!! Took about two weeks, if I remember correctly. Good Luck!!
Message 3 of 13
debz
Valued Member

just called Hooters and I was approved for $8,000 - Don't plan to use it, but it will sure help my util.
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

debz wrote:
just called Hooters and I was approved for $8,000 - Don't plan to use it, but it will sure help my util.

Congrats!Smiley Happy

They only gave us $3kSmiley Surprised

Rob
Message 5 of 13
bl00dymary
Valued Member

debz wrote:

$8000. !  That's a lot of hot wings! 
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW.....what are your scores if you don't mind me asking?  I have a Hooters card, but not a CL that high!

Congrats on the CL!!!
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

never mind...just read your original post. Sorry.....
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same! See my post titled Applied for the fabled Huters card-7-10 days for answer. Someone posted the direct credit dept phone number, and I called them every couple of days. 2K  CL!
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied recently was initially declined, but called and developed a rapore with a supervisor in their "credit decisioning" area. I re-applied, explained some of the older negative stuff, showed a trend of steady improvements and was then approved for a $1000 trade line.

I found them (Merrick Bank) to be nice folks, once you get past the initial app phase. One thing is for sure, though... they have some strict minimum scores they'll allow (using TransUnion and ExperianFICO and their own internal scoring) but after that, it's all about showing that you're on a solid positive trend. And I'm not for certain what those minimum scores are, but when I was in the low 500's I didn't qualify. Once I got above the 550 mark, things were more promising.

The best aprt of all of this? I can now entertain clients at our favorite restaurant and Hooter's points at the same time... it's all about the wings, right?

Message Edited by CreditHawk on 07-28-2007 10:02 AM
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.