Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hope I didn't goof up with Discover

tag
smc733
Valued Contributor

Re: Hope I didn't goof up with Discover

And they try to sell you "protection" whenever you call, and charges take FOREVER to post to the account.

Seriously, a supermarket charge from last Monday posted TODAY.  Starbucks from last Monday posted today too!

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 11 of 24
daytrade5
Contributor

@smc733 wrote:

And they try to sell you "protection" whenever you call, and charges take FOREVER to post to the account.

Seriously, a supermarket charge from last Monday posted TODAY.  Starbucks from last Monday posted today too!

For me, it never matters when the charge actually "post" to my Discover account because as soon as I swipe my card my balance reflects what i've spent. I'm not sure if this is a valid reason for your dislike of Discover. Every card company has something that they probably could do a little better, but Discover is still pretty prime to me. Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 24
DI
Super Contributor

It seems like they put you on a hardship program.  Did you have a high balance at the time of receiving a call from them?

Message 13 of 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@DI wrote:

It seems like they put you on a hardship program.  Did you have a high balance at the time of receiving a call from them?

I don't think so. My high balance was ~$2100 of $2600, but I do PIF at least once quarterly. And if I don't PIF, then it's a minimum of $300-$500 as a monthly payment (vs. forking out $2k at once, as an example). And I recall the conversation with the CSR too. No indication at all that it was a hardship. Also after getting the More, they gave me automatic CLIs every quarter or so up to this event ($1500 to $2600 in a year or so w/ the card being opened 7/2009). I hope I didn't hurt my chances for future CLIs, though haven't tried for a manual CLI since getting it.

Message 14 of 24
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

Why not just call Discover and ask what happened? Tell them you were confused by their email as you didn't know you had signed up for a hardship program.

Message 15 of 24
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@scientifics wrote:

Why not just call Discover and ask what happened? Tell them you were confused by their email as you didn't know you had signed up for a hardship program.

I'm certainly going to do that today when I get into the office. I'll post back if they say anything.

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Uborrow-Upay wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

Discover is sub-prime, dump them and move on.

I strongly disagree, and I'll leave it at that.

+1

Message 17 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@smc733 wrote:

That's never happened to me. But serioulsy why don't you cancel the card and move on??? Have you had the card for 6 months? Maybe after 6 months you will get a credit increase. Sounds like your bitter because they didn't give you a high cl. Heres a tissue.

Message 18 of 24
smc733
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@smc733 wrote:

That's never happened to me. But serioulsy why don't you cancel the card and move on??? Have you had the card for 6 months? Maybe after 6 months you will get a credit increase. Sounds like your bitter because they didn't give you a high cl. Heres a tissue.

I'm not worried about the CL, in fact, I haven't mentioned that in this thread.  

It is the:

-Constant sales pitch on the phone

-Cash access checks

-BT Offer harassment

-Slow posting of transactions

-Ads on the crappy website

...just to name a few.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 19 of 24
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@scientifics wrote:

+1

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.