Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horrible Barclays experience

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Horrible Barclays experience

@athar wrote:

I submitted a payment to AMEX a minute ago - and, my credit line reflects 100% instantly.

Now, that is called Service, Class and customer experience.

Ames is pretty amazing about payments, especially when you are talking about a charge card, When I use to have my business Gold I had several times were I was maybe at 5-7k and they would put a stop on the account, I would call and they would say that we need a payment to allow further charging, I would authorize a payment out of 1 of the checking accounts on file for either that day, or I have done like monday or tue and this was currrently thursday or friday and the account would open back up instantly... If you think about it, they wanted me to pay because they didn't want me to charge over 7k but then upon "scheduling" a payment for 3-5 days from current they then opened account back up for spending which would give me access to at least the same 7k that I just had charged too... If the check didn't clear I could now be at $14k!

Now as far is many posting they can't use their banks bill pay anymore because it takes to long... VERY few banks don't take a Wire transfer of the payment and it is just 1-3 days depending on bank, checks about 5-7 days... so while I think they are not fast or reliable is silly talk, If you are a person who has to wait until 24-48 hours before the payment to be able to have funds available then I would be doing the payment direct on your billers website, they may hold payments and CL's dealing with the balance being paid but it will post usually within 12 hours that you did make it and then appear a day or two later.

Message 21 of 27
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

@john398 wrote:

OP can you clarify did you pay from your banks bill pay or from your barclays bill pay?

I paid via the Barclays CC website by entering in my US Bank checking account info.

Message 22 of 27
john398
Senior Contributor

Ok I am surprised they didnt process by Friday

Message 23 of 27
FrugalRican
Blogger

I learned this "ALMOST" the hard way.

That's why I pay a day or two AFTER the bill becomes available. I onced paid one of my cards the day BEFORE the due date and realized it wasn't posting the same day even though I had scheduled it for that day. NICE.

Now I make sure if I can't do it a day or two after the cycle becomes available, I make sure it's at least a week in advance.

Sucks that this happened while at a hotel as well. Major blowage.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 24 of 27
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@valley_man0505 wrote:

....  I still want it available for emergencies (I will never use it again for anything other than an emergency after this experience). ....

Really?   You should be able to depend on things available for emergencies.   I'd say this card is the last card you should keep for emergencies.

Message 25 of 27
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

@Wolf3 wrote:

@valley_man0505 wrote:

....  I still want it available for emergencies (I will never use it again for anything other than an emergency after this experience). ....

Really?   You should be able to depend on things available for emergencies.   I'd say this card is the last card you should keep for emergencies.

+1. You coulnd't count on them that's already been proven. If you can leave it open, do it and use it to fill your tank every few months, if they let you, otherwise, let it go.

Seems like they just don't want to deal with certain people and there is no reason to it. I can't figure these guys out.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 26 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@valley_man0505 wrote:

Well, I had an $11 payment due on Friday.  I submitted the payment online on Thursday.  

Their response:  "oh, I guess you're right.  I apologize, but I still can't reactivate your card because we still have not received your $11 payment that was due yesterday".

Wow. An $11 min? On a $600 balance? Which Barclay?

We have dif Barclay cards, but for both my hubby and I there is a $20 min on all bals over $20?

If this happened, I'd be fighting that late charge were I you. That's very odd, the CSR saying on Sat they hadn't yet even rec'd your payment as you stated both their and your screen showed pending, and most esp if you printed out the payment receipt the computer gave you to prove you paid a day early. 

My terms say, "Payments that comply with the requirements specified on or with your monthly billing statement, including the time of receipt, will be credited on the business day they are received."  

Of course they also say it can take another 5 days if you don't comply, and it can take up to 7 days to post (meaning it will show pending) and/or to see your credit line increased as they may hold it until they're ensured funds. But your payment is credited. 

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.