Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HouseHold Bank alert question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HouseHold Bank alert question

ok so I got off work tonight and logged in to TC's site and EQ had an alert for me

Account Information
A new account has appeared on your credit report.
Here are the details of this new account:

Reported By: Equifax
Reported On: 01/15/2008
Date Opened: 08/01/2007
Account Number: ****************
Creditor's Name: HOUSEHOLD BANK
Address: 12447 SW 69th Ave
Tigard, OR 97223-8517
Phone Number: (800) 477-6000

Why is this reporting now and better yet I don't know what it's from/for, I had an HSBC BestBuy card but i canceled it last month and it has shown as closed on TU,EX,EQ so I have no idea what this would be from any ideas?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HouseHold Bank alert question

call them- 800-477-1024
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yikes! That would scare me to death to get that messsage!

Call them asap.
Message 3 of 6
jackg
Established Contributor

bman69,

I noticed in the account info it says,

Date Opened: 08/01/2007

First, is this possibly the date you opened the BB card you mentioned?

Last, I also use TC and, it seems like every month, when creditors report/update my acct info with CRA's,  EQ/TU/EX will issue an alert about a new account when in fact it's the same acccount I already have. For me it happens 2-3 times each month. Check the account # for a match.
FICO scores on November 17, 2014 (prior to applying for and being approved my mortgage)

EX=738
EQ=735
TU=754

FICO scores on March 4, 2015 after being approved for mortgage and buying the home, the mortgage isn't yet reporting.
EX- 689 EQ- 739 TU- 739
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea the account numbers are the same sorry i flipped for a little while thanks Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

It is normal some time. I made a charge on an account that I have not used for few months and I got the same message. I think it is the wording that confuses. It is normal. Your account might be inactive for a while and when you closed the account that triggered to bring it back again. I would not worry too much about it.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.