Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Household Bank Platinum MasterCard

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Household Bank Platinum MasterCard

I did the pre qualify app and I was pre approved the Platinum Card.

They ran a soft inquiry on EX. I just took out a personal loan from my bank and my EX FICO they said was a 630.

My question is what kind of limit should I expect, I don't want to waste an inquiry if their only gonna give me under $1000 credit line.

Also, which CC might give me a $1000+ line with my EX FICO score of 630?

I am rebuilding credit so I have a lot of old negative accounts which was included in my BK back in 2004.

My current accounts:

Sovereign auto loan: 1 year utd 14K balance

Credit one bank CC $300 credit line 7 months old: $80 balance

Citi auto loan: 2 months old 12K balance

Citi line of credit: 2 months old 1k credit line with $250 balance

Citi personal loan: 1 month old: borrowed $2400 with $2200 balance. 

Last negative put on my EX was back in 2008.

I have perfect history for the last 18 months.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Household Bank Platinum MasterCard

That is HSBC,   not likely to be over $500 if that.  

Message 2 of 5
KIPPIE12
Established Contributor

+1

Current Score: EQ: 828, EX: 833, TU: 820 Citi TY Premier WEMC 46.5, (Since 1983)Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| Cap One QS WMC 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WEMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 15k|Barclay Arrival Plus WEMC 18.7k|Chase IHG WMC 26k|Citi Double Cash 10k|Chase MileagePlus Explorer 14k|Amex Everyday 16.2|BBVA Amex 22.5k|Total Rewards VS 12.5k|SGV 10K|Venture 12k|BOA Virgin Atlantic WEMC 11.2K|MB Amex 9.5k
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Wolf3 wrote:

That is HSBC,   not likely to be over $500 if that.  

Well, aren't we the optimist tday?  Smiley Happy

I wouldn't say any higher than $300.  Household is really Orchard.  Same monkey, different dress.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I did the pre qualify app and I was pre approved the Platinum Card.

They ran a soft inquiry on EX. I just took out a personal loan from my bank and my EX FICO they said was a 630.

My question is what kind of limit should I expect, I don't want to waste an inquiry if their only gonna give me under $1000 credit line.

Also, which CC might give me a $1000+ line with my EX FICO score of 630?

I am rebuilding credit so I have a lot of old negative accounts which was included in my BK back in 2004.

My current accounts:

Sovereign auto loan: 1 year utd 14K balance

Credit one bank CC $300 credit line 7 months old: $80 balance

Citi auto loan: 2 months old 12K balance

Citi line of credit: 2 months old 1k credit line with $250 balance

Citi personal loan: 1 month old: borrowed $2400 with $2200 balance. 

Last negative put on my EX was back in 2008.

I have perfect history for the last 18 months.

The bankruptcy may not be an overall factor, but combined with lates that followed the bankruptcy I think you're going to to find it tough.  All of your current positive tradelines are less than a year old.  And a 630 is not really so hot.

Unless you can somehow get in with Navy Federal, I think it will be difficult for you to get $1,000 in unsecured credit with a prime lender.  Unfortunately 18 good months are not enough to wash away many years of negatives.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.