cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Household Bank Rewards Mastercard - is this new????

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: Household Bank Rewards Mastercard - is this new????

Found it. Pre-qualified with 0 AF. Seems ok.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone confirm this? The application does say something about "pre aproval form". Not really sure what they mean by that.

Message 12 of 15
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Have thought of biting the bullet and applying. Anyone know if HSBCs pre-approval site usually translates to a sure approval?
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for this card on 7/8. I was pre qualified for $0 AF, and no processing fee. The strange thing is literally 2 seconds after submitting the app, my phone rang (while website was still processing the app) with an UNAVAILABLE number. I did not answer. (It was 1:00 am by the way!) As soon as the phone stopped ringing this message popped up as a status for my application: 

We are unable to finalize your credit card application.

You will be hearing from us within the next 10-14 days. Thank you!

Does anyone know what this means? I have 0 baddies and a 690 EX FICO. I was just approved for a Discover More card ($5,000 CL) last month. So, I can't imagine why I would be getting rejected by HSBC! Do you think this is because I didn't answer the phone? Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Message 14 of 15
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Yes, they were calling you (it was an automatic call triggered by your application) to verify that the phone number is a valid number with a person answering it.  Had you answered, you would have heard a short recorded message saying something like that.

You should have answered, but oh well - live and learn!  Smiley Tongue