Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Household Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Household Bank

Where is the magic number for these guys.

I am on a ROLL
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Household Bank

I called them this AM-
Asked to combine cards, CLI, lose AF and APR reduction.

Seems that have to send the "paperwork" though and they will send letter to me to approve the changes- I will need to sign and send back.

---
Ii will keep you posted. Looking to kill off any cards costing me $. Just paid AF in July on one and May on the other.

If they don't play I will close them both (next year)
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i'm waiting on my letter too. they keep saying it can take up to two weeks. i even asked if they can send it by fax, nope that's tooooo complicated.
Message 3 of 10
Takunda1
Established Contributor

I called today as well. I was told the letter thing. I was also told that there is no guarantee that your new CL will be the sum of your two CL.'s it could actually be less, but usually they keep it closet to the sum of the two cards.

The good thing is, if you don't agree with their terms when they send you the papers to sign in the mail, you can decline the consolidation of the cards.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

they warned me about the possibilty of cld as well. hopefully they won't get too goofy about it.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anything less than the combined CL's would be unacceptable.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

if they combine mine it will be 1200, so it's not a huge thing. i've had on less than a year and one over 2 years, so i'll scream and even demand a cli but will settle for 1k tl if push comes to shove.
Message 7 of 10
golfmomfor3
New Contributor

We have a combined 4 cards owned by HSBC w/ low CLIs and high APRs - asked for combine or APR reduction or CLI or ANYTHING? and they said no, no, no, no.  So.... when we finally received some really high CLs in last 2 weeks, (took lots of work, time and apps) I called them and gave them another chance then BTd all of them to CITI and into the sock drawer they went!  FINALLY!
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been playing the game with these guys-
"Use em and don't abuse them"
PIF, PIF, carry a tiny balance. Repeat.

If they are ever going to make these cards worth keeping - NOW is the time.

I could not even pay my summer electric bill with one of these cards.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a household bank card since 2002 with a AF of $60 bucks!  When I was really credit challenged I would pay them for an increase!  What a joke! 

I got a bill in the mail yesterday, which had my AF of $60 dollars.  I called to have the fee waived or removed, they did nothing.  I canceled the card. They asked why would I want to cancel since having the card since 2002.  I explained I have several credit cards with CLs of $10K or more with No FEES of any KIND (AMEX Clear).  I do not want to pay for a card that has not given me a CLI for 2 years!

That was it, end of the call.  I had one of my AMEX cards increase my CLI by $1,000. Since I was closing this crappy card.

I am sure they will send me offers in the mail soon enough!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.