Household/HSBC luv button

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Household/HSBC luv button

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

Cards paid off, in great standing for years, and no such button.  The FAQ says:

Can I request a credit line increase ?
At this time, HSBC is not accepting individual requests for credit line increases. For a specific question about your account, send us a secure message online.

On your main account screen, go up to the top and hover over the customer service tab. The second option is "Request A Credit Line Increase". See what you get there.

Message 51 of 59
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

@mxp114 wrote:

Just got $1k CLI on my HSBC RZMC via the site and no hard pulled.

sigh. lucky you. when did you apply for this card? and how long did you have your gold before this card? did you apply for a new card or did you PC? was it considered an upgrade, or a pc?

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 52 of 59
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

Thanks for trying to help, stang, but I do not even see a customer service tab.  Does everyone else log in through accountcentralonline?

Maybe that's the difference.  If I tried to log in through HSBC's main page it would not recognize my login.  Maybe I have a cheap version that used to be Direct Merchant's Bank or something.

Regular Contributor

@Seatown1two wrote:

Called the number on the back of the card.  Was told they aren't able to gran CLI's at this time.  Will try backdoor number for recon as soon as i can get through...

Woohooo!!!  Called again today, got a CLI of $100!!!

Amex Blue Cash - 22.9k | CSR - 21.9k | Cap One Quicksilver MC - 18.5k | BofA Travel Rewards - 15k | Lowes - 15k | Citi DC - 13.2k | Discover IT Miles - 20.1k | Amazon Prime Visa - 6k | BofA BBR - 5.4k
Message 54 of 59
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChesterPDexter wrote:

Thanks for trying to help, stang, but I do not even see a customer service tab.  Does everyone else log in through accountcentralonline?

Maybe that's the difference.  If I tried to log in through HSBC's main page it would not recognize my login.  Maybe I have a cheap version that used to be Direct Merchant's Bank or something.

That's probably why. Have you tried calling for a CLI?

Message 55 of 59
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

update on my CLI request:

Hit the luv button last Thursday, got the 7-10 day by mail reply. Received letter today, denied due to insufficient history with this card. Called Backdoor number, lady was very nice. She told me what I already knew, account was too new (just about 2 1/4 months). I asked whether I had gotten hit with a hard INQ, she said she didn't see any INQ notes, so that's a plus. I asked about CL possibly growing, she said it definitely was possible for my card, just not now. Asked about sale to CapOne, she said she wasn't authorized to discuss that. I thanked her, she thanked me, and that's all she wrote.

Message 56 of 59
shane82388
Established Contributor

ive had mine since may...still doesnt have a button to hit on my account. just says to call in.

Message 57 of 59
junior88
Frequent Contributor

I just wanted to update everyone. I did get a $300 CLI on my bbrzmc. I just found out now by logging in. They did have to ask some additional questions because I have a fraud alert on my cbr's. When I did that on monday they said I would get a letter in 7-10 days. Figured that was a denial. Just logged in now finally and see that there was a CLI. Miracles do happen!

11/13/23 TU 808 EX 800 EQ 806 ---- Discover $35,000/AmEx Delta Plat $30,000/Chase United $26,200/BOA $25,000/Macys AmEx $25,000/Sams Club MC $20,000GM Card $18,000/Chase IHG $16,000/Barclay Rewards $12,100/Dicks MasterCard $10,000/Lowes$15,000/BOA Cash Rewards $13,800/Citi Double Cash $9400/Citi Simplicity $8200/Target MC $8000/Wells Fargo Visa $7000/State Farm $4000
Message 58 of 59
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Nice. There was talk of accounts being closed, so getting a CLI is good for you.
Message 59 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.