Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Household bank CLI button

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Household bank CLI button

is that always there or only when your eligible? Credit pull?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Guardian
Valued Contributor

Re: Household bank CLI button

@Creditaddict wrote:

That is ALWAYS there, at least as long as I have had the account and no matter what or how long, it will always refuse by giving a message like this when you click it:

In order to process your request, please contact us to speak to a Customer Care representative.

and when you click on contact us, it takes you to a generic form with no subject pull down for CLI and when you submit under another option, they never responded on it. Its bull.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 2 of 5
iwantbettercredit
Regular Contributor

@Guardian wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

That is ALWAYS there, at least as long as I have had the account and no matter what or how long, it will always refuse by giving a message like this when you click it:

In order to process your request, please contact us to speak to a Customer Care representative.

and when you click on contact us, it takes you to a generic form with no subject pull down for CLI and when you submit under another option, they never responded on it. Its bull.

That is correct, but also it gives them the opportunity to avoid giving you a auto-increase and instead charge you a fee for a CLI.  Has anyone received an auto-increase without calling? I never received an auto lincrease, thank god i am done with them. I Hate HSBC!!!!

Navy Fed Visa $10,000
Navy Fed MasterCard $3,500
Pen Fed Visa $7500
Discover $3,200
Message 3 of 5
dizbuster
Frequent Contributor

I recieved an auto cli about 14 months ago on my Orchard account. They e-mailed me and said congratulations on being an excelent customer blah blah. I started with $750 and was increased to $950. Been there ever since. When I got the increase I was almost maxed out, I was really surprised. I have had the card for 2 and a half years now.
A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
7/6/2009 Equ 664 TU 680 (15 and 19 point jump respectively this week, over 100 point increase in 6 months)
Message 4 of 5
Guardian
Valued Contributor

@iwantbettercredit wrote:

That is correct, but also it gives them the opportunity to avoid giving you a auto-increase and instead charge you a fee for a CLI.  Has anyone received an auto-increase without calling? I never received an auto lincrease, thank god i am done with them. I Hate HSBC!!!!

Yeap, that's right. This way they can say you asked for it. I have only received an auto CLI ONCE on an HSBC Cash Reward Platinum (self titled, not a backed card) and it went from 3800 to 4500. None of the other ones ever. I paid them all off and sockdrawered them. I figure I am not goign to close them, let them sit and ride until they close them or if not then I get the age benefit but I refuse to use them.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.