Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Household was good to me....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Household was good to me....

So I am in the rebuilding stage of my credit. I have two CC on my report that went to collections and 3-4 collections accounts (all paid). Since then I have been an AU on two cards that have good Util (about 13k combined limit with only $300 balance), I opened a car loan (co-signed) and a macys department store card, both in Jan 09.

I was happy because I ran my CR on myfico and it said my EQ was up to a 662 (woohoo). I thought I could now apply for my own CC (no AU) and get approved. I was sadly mistaken when I applied at two different places and was denied at both. One of those being my CU (where I have my car loan)

I figured I would try one more place. My frown was turned upside down when I tried Households pre-approval website and they said they had something for me. I applied and got a $750 credit limit with $39 AF. Does anyone know how Household is with CLI? 

I still wonder why this may be the case because one of the CC that I defaulted on (sent to collections) was an HSBC card. Why would they approve me? Isn't Household backed by HSBC? 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Household was good to me....

thanks for everyone's input
Message 6 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They forgive once!

congrats on your new card.

some people get decent regular CLI from household and others can't get past the $100 increases. 

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well thats good to know that they forgive.

Is that really the case? or is my case an isolated one?

Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I had household in my ch 7 and they gave me a card right after I filed. actually 3 cards!
Message 4 of 6
UnderEstimated
Contributor

Depending on the time that has past since they charged off your account, you could re-open a new account.  There are a few members on this board that have gone through charged off accounts and BKs and were able to open up new accounts with those creditors in the future.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for everyone's input
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.