Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Cap One treats their sub-prime borrowers

tag
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Re: How Cap One treats their sub-prime borrowers

AWLEGZ-- i know it can be hard when u have a good payment history because you expect to be rewarded....but try not to take it so personally.

i think it is retarded that customers like me have had a 500cl for 4 years and never been late and then all of a sudden capital one comes up with "credit steps" and people with not so good credit are getting better cls without having to prove themselves.

Message 21 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

oh believe me creditdrama--personal is the last thing I am taking it--I feel just like you but I really dont care as much as it may sound--i just be venting its there loss in the long run when I give my business and good service to companies who appreciate me--not just have me in their system as another number...cause I do have plans to ditch the card once all other things start building up and going well for me--them and HSBC are on my hit list for disappearing----just mantaining for now for the extra UTI ratio----best thing to know is that all that good history will remain on reports and keep reporting to show a positive tradeline----
Message 22 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Sylvia got a Capital Visa  had since 2004 1000 limit--just got increased from 500 back in 2007 APR is like 24 %--no fees--I think there might be a 3.00 monthly maintenance fee Smiley Sad

Unfortunately that is not one of their good cards. The interest is too high and you have a monthly maint fee.

Message Edited by jaybee on 01-11-2008 01:36 PM
Message 23 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Interesting article. And it gives great insight into preditory ccc's.

I too, called them CrapOne. I begged and pleaded with them to give me a higher cli. In retrospect, they were correct in refusing to do so. I had(at the time) NO cc discipline...paid when I felt like it...always paid more than minimum.....but sometimes late, as much as 30 days late past due date. Which of course, resulted in late fees, over the limit fees(on rare occasions), and hiking my int.rate to max. default rate.

CrapOne? Yup. In my book they were. UNTIL.....

I learned about credit, started paying my bills on time. See? No one ever taught me this..I didn't know about this incredible forum we come to. I had to learn on my own.

NOW.....I am at 5%-6% utilization on my cc's both cumulative and individual cc. I pay most cc's in full every month.....Cap1 included. And guess what?

They went(for me) from CrapOne to Cap1. They've given me cli's, eliminated the AF's AND the pesky monthly fee. Why? Because I handle my credit responsibility....now.

It's like I've said before...get on their good side, and they treat you well. Get on their bad side and it WILL become a nightmare for you. And I'm sure that's true for every ccc out there.

Just my 2 cents worth. Smiley Happy

I think it is hilarious when people get mad at the CCC for protecting themselves. People are like well I know I went over the limit one ok maybe two times, and I know I pay late only sometimes, and I got a new collection, but why they cut me off? They suck!! I guess it is easier to blame someone else than it is to blame yourself.

That is good that you realized that it was your fault and not theirs!! We all have to take responsibility for our own actions. WTG!!!

I love it going from Crap1 to Cap1 in your book, huh?

I saw someone complaining about a CCC because THEY forgot to pay the bill and the company charged them over the limit fees. How could the CCC do that to you? You are a baller!

For whatever reason people have not realized that the credit-woes are real.
Message 24 of 42
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

for now, i am leaving my Cap 1 accounts open BUT if i ever charge something on a Cap1 card again.......i want to have my a** kicked! im tired of the bullsh*t $500cl

HA
Message 25 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Straight up and down, call that backdoor number again!
Message 26 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

well Jaybee based on the info you mentioned to Sylvia I feel I have a legitimate reason to call them CRAPITAL 1--I have done nothing but worship my card since 2004 because they were first to offer me unsecured credit after BK--and its just plain and simple they really dont show me no love--but I am not losing no sleep or letting them still my joy about it--I just move on---the trade line is beneficial to me for age but my no means am I obligated to use it--so ....no sweat for me....I just mention my own scenarios when the topic is of discussion

It you do something wrong and dont get no love really you just gotta suckl it up--take it for what its worth accept your faults and try to do better next time----live and learn is the key
Message 27 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol Creditdrama I hear ya--mines is in m sock drawer (which is my jewelry box)-Juniper made their way there today after a decrease in my CLi that I havent gotten an explanation about yet--may call tomorrow---prob same reason everyone else said it was reduced because of--new credit --oh well 2007 was my year I have never had the credit I got now--no love loss but I will not use the card until its increased--
Message 28 of 42
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

this month before my statment closes....paying balance to $0 and the Cap 1 Card will meet my scissors...i don't need this.....

the beauty of having jacked up credit, is that im allowed to act on principle in cases such as this. SCREW fico
Message 29 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

they are getting a zero balance from me next month Smiley Happy
Message 30 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.