cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do Au's Get A Real Card? Trying For My GF...

tag
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: How Do Au's Get A Real Card? Trying For My GF...

@jbh wrote:
All I know is that EXP rep said it'll be deleted when I notify them it's paid due to it being 5 years. Last thing I need is them reading that and continuing to ruin my gd life.

You can bet EX will most probably stick to the letter of the law.
Message 21 of 23
jbh
Established Contributor

All I know is the rep on EXP told me they are aware of it and that it will fall off after 5 years and that other posters had it work for them.

If they really analyze the income, well, hopefully it's based on then because I did make less than $25k. This law was my only hope and now I am truly depressed/worried I'll be locked in for another 2 miserable years after many years of that hell.

God, the system sucks. My gf works hard, can't get a card but an irresponsible 18 year old can. I work my ass off and am clean for years but something from 2004 is 'new'/recent and I am a prisoner still because of it. It's borderline criminal. 7 years is too much. Even guys with BK's can get prime cards and I never will until these gd things are off.

I might just suggest she use BoA and let the system tell her she isn't worth taking a chance on while 12 million kids get a chance to max out their cards. At this point I'd rather just focus on $ and let cc companies all die a hard death and focus on just securing a mortgage. I basically just want to give up.
Message 22 of 23
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

@smallfry wrote:

@jbh wrote:
All I know is that EXP rep said it'll be deleted when I notify them it's paid due to it being 5 years. Last thing I need is them reading that and continuing to ruin my gd life.

You can bet EX will most probably stick to the letter of the law.

And the letter of the law is that:
  1) It will be removed from a consumer report after five years if paid, and
  2) It will be removed from an insurance or employment report, or a consumer report if not paid, after seven years.

Insurance and employment reports are different from consumer reports and are allowed by law to report additional information not contained on the consumer report. You are only entitled to see the information on your consumer report.
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.