Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do You Dispose of a Metal Credit Card

tag
josh1
New Contributor

Re: How Do You Dispose of a Metal Credit Card

I mean, I have never had a metal card so I can't say with any certainty but I would bring it to Chase.  I doubt they would just throw it out, as that is more of a risk on their end at that point, and I would guess they probably recycle them (whether it be the metal or maybe the chip).  If they don't recycle them, I would assume they at least shred them or dispose of them properly.  You can just go to the branch and ask them if they take back old cards and what they do with them, worst comes to worst they say no or don't dispose of it in a good way and you deal with it in a different way. 

Credit Cards:

AU Cards:

Other Cards:
Message 21 of 25
L-TWT
Established Contributor

I do not know what percentage of metal makes up the CSR card, but i was able to cut up the card with a pair Cutco brand scissors!

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Microwave?
Message 23 of 25
arkane
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Microwave?

We're trying to dispose of the card NOT the microwave here old man jeez.

Another vote for the Dremel. I used it to sand away 1/8" of metal from a stainless steel bracket, so it should have no issue grinding away the engraved numbers.

Active:

Closed:

6/8/20:

Message 24 of 25
BurgeoningHope
Frequent Contributor

I'm sitting here pondering my old childhood hobby that somehow didn't get me killed. I crossed railroad tracks to/from school as a kid. If I timed things just right, I could hear the freight train on the way as I was nearing the crossing. 

They really do a number on pennies.

I wonder about metal cards.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.