Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do You Pick Walmart Discover Card

tag
Scuba
Frequent Contributor

How Do You Pick Walmart Discover Card

I visited the Walmart site, created the login, but I couldn't find like a radio button to choose the Discover Card versus the store card.

What am I missing?  At 22%, they don't give you a choice of what card you want? 

I can go to any isle in the store and choose what socks to buy so why can't I pick which of the 2 cards I want. 

What am I missing?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
BGinVA
Contributor

Re: How Do You Pick Walmart Discover Card

I think you are correct, I just recently got a Walmart card and they had to call me to verify information because we had recently turned off our house phone and gone strictly cell.  They asked me some questions and then said that I didn't qualify for the Walmart Discover, but that they could approve me for the Walmart store card.  My thought was that they run your numbers and then decide which card they will offer you. 

Message 2 of 6
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

you are automatically considered first for the walmart discover, then if they cant approve you for that card, they then consider you for the walmart card. i doubt that there would be anybody, if given an option after reading all the facts to perfer the walmart credit card over the walmart discover.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 3 of 6
brian2220
Regular Contributor

i just applied online for a walmart card hoping to get a discover i did after calling immediately after i applied and was transferd to the discover department to verify my who i am and was approved for 1800 instantly over the phone.

Its a hit and miss with them 

My Cards
BBVA/Compass 2/12 $ 5000 ----- Chase Freedom 12/10 $3000 ---- Cabela's 1/12 $3000 -----US Bank FlexPerks Cash Rewards 6/11 $3000 ----Walmart Discover 10/11 $2814 ------ Discover More 11/11 $2500 ----- Amazon Store Card 2/11 $2100---- Amex Zync 4/11 ---- Citi Dividend Platinum Select 3/11 $1950 ---- BofA Cash Rewards 12/11 $1000
Message 4 of 6
sonson
Regular Contributor

@scottwagnon wrote:

you are automatically considered first for the walmart discover, then if they cant approve you for that card, they then consider you for the walmart card. i doubt that there would be anybody, if given an option after reading all the facts to perfer the walmart credit card over the walmart discover.

+1

Starting Score: EQ 548 [ Feb 2010 ]
Current Score: TU 663 EQ 686
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 5 of 6
Gabo
Valued Member

Pick up one of their credit application, it stated on their application that Walmart will try if you qualify for Discover, if you are not qualify Walmart will try you to their walmart credit card

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.