cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Does WF Handle Negative Point Balances On Propel?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Does WF Handle Negative Point Balances On Propel?

I have 3 trips planned in the next 3 months. A lot of it is prepaid from a while back, and the points were cashed in.  If I have to cancel one, two, or all of the trips and get a refund, I would have a pretty good sized negative point balance (> -20,000). I'm holding off paying for the rest of the trips until I know that I'm going.

Anyone have experience running a negative point balance with Propel, small or large?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

Re: How Does WF Handle Negative Point Balances On Propel?

There was a similar thread last year, someone had -12,000 points on a Chase card. The consensus was the points have no cash value so the person got a negative rewards balance after the refund instead of being billed for it.

I'd say odds are good you'll just have a negative points balance until you earn out of it. It's a legitimate reason for the refund with the current environment so I doubt they will AA for points fraud.

Be sure to update this thread for DP's.

Hope it works out without any troubles

Message 2 of 6
Nomad3
Frequent Contributor

Were all of those points earned from the travel spend? You'd only get negative points for the refund, so if you have 0 points currently, and refunded say $1,000 from travel spend you'd only have -3,000 points.

If the travel spend you are refunding was part of meeting the SUB there might be complications

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, I'll keep the thread up to date. As of right now, nothing has been cancelled. I'll wait until the last minute to do anything as things change extremely quickly, or if I'm  required to cancel.

I'll also keep points in the account as I earn them until this passes.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Nomad3 wrote:

Were all of those points earned from the travel spend? You'd only get negative points for the refund, so if you have 0 points currently, and refunded say $1,000 from travel spend you'd only have -3,000 points.

If the travel spend you are refunding was part of meeting the SUB there might be complications

Yes. Mostly travel spend. In the event that I have to cancel, refunds will be issued and then I'll have negative points. First trip is early April. That one is high risk of cancellation. Second is in early May. Who knows what will happen by then. The third is mid June. So far, that's 7K of travel spend.

No SUB involved. 

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The trip in 2 weeks has been rescheduled for the end of July. The result will be a subtraction of less than 500 points from my account. I don't expect any issues with that small of a number of points. If we are still dealing with the virus in a big way 2 months from now, this issue will resurface.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.