cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Flexible is BofA being? (Sandy Email)

tag
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: How Flexible is BofA being? (Sandy Email)

I definitely think BoA will give CLIs for things like home repairs and stuff. It is a great way for people to get into debt with them and a great opportunity for them to make money 

Message 11 of 15
tray
Valued Contributor

@modernsurrender wrote:

Tray and Yahcomb, if you don't mind sharing - could you give a brief run down of you credit profile?  

Mostly I'm curious as to whether you have any derogs at all.  That's the big thing holding me back.  I have 3 derogs (co's/collections) on my reports that are 5-6 years old...  But for the last 5+ years I've had excellent credit and have plumped my profile with several tradelines that are in perfect standing.

I wouldn't stress over the single HP normally, but I'm considering Barclays Apple and/or FNBO in late November to replace my HSBC card that was randomly closed and rather not gain a fruitless HP before then.

My TU and EQ reports are clean I have one baddie on EX a paid utility charge off due to fall off next year.  I have been with boa since late 2007 starting off with a secured card and in the beginning I never was able to get a cli either I had many denials with this bank.

Starting Score: EQ 546 TU 566
Current Score: EQ 693TU 08 729 EX 08 738Need to Garden/New Accounts
Goal Score: 800
Message 12 of 15
modernsurrender
Established Contributor

Thanks for all the feedback... I'll have to mull it over for a bit.  I don't think I'm going to call because I don't think my odds of approval with them are very good based on the history of rejections I've had from them regardless of improvements and good standing with them.

I rather save the HP and put it towards my FNBO preapproval and/or Barclays card I think this way I can still consider cutting all ties to BofA like I had planned to in the spring.

Start 2/2008: TU 495 || EX 539 || EQ 528
Now 5/2013: TU 716 || EX ??? || EQ 702

Slate: $5000 Simplicity: $5000 David's Bridal: $3500 SW Chase: $3000 FNBO: $3000 Barclay NFL: $2500 BofA: $2400 Discover IT: $1700 Walmart: $1500 Victoria's Secret: $1000 Cap1: $750 Amex Zync: NPSL
(2 derogs to go until I'm squeaky clean in 2014!)
Message 13 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Boa still blows imo. Ive seen more ppl get denied on here for a cli even with the tragedy at hand :-(. It's a damn shame.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 15
MYBEST
New Contributor

I got a Email from boa about sandy because I live in Philly, I did call in for a cli and I got a big fat NO at first but capital one helped me on both of my credit card accounts so I called boa back and spoke to someone else in the credit department and asked them to recon and they did so I have nothing but good things to say about cap one and boa in my (opinion). I hope I helped with your question Smiley Happy

EQ Starting Score: 584 | TU Starting Score: 547
EQ Current Score: 650 | TU Current Score: 643 | EX Current Score: 643
EQ Goal Score: 700 | TU Goal Score: 700 | EX Goal Score: 700
***Staying*** " with prayer that is " with in the garden and no (more) applying until mid-end of 2015!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.