Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Is City Simplicity?

tag
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Re: How Is City Simplicity?

Isnt the TY premier Citis anwser to the CSP?

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 11 of 19
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

fyi my score was 687 ex and i was turned down for a 6 yr old derog they said email us that its no derogs and we will recon i said no thanks i have chase discover bofa and barclays to name a few so thnx but no thnx and lmao as i hung up while rep was still talkn was for the simplicity card

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Message 12 of 19
dodgeball
Established Contributor

As many have said before YMMV with Citi ! I was denied the simplicity with a 680 but approved for the much tougher AAdvantage with just tad lower utility tha bumped my score about 40 pts.

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 13 of 19
creditstarved
Valued Member

It's garbage. No rewards anymore, not that they were every any good. Apparently I was grandfathered in with mine with Extra Cash (now EasyDeals) which is a half-step above worthless. I recommend using your inquiry elsewhere.

Starting Score: EQ FICO 773 (Jan. 2013)
Current Score: EQ FICO 783 (Feb. 2013)
Goal Score: EQ FICO 850

What's in my wallet? Chase Freedom - 1.9k || Chase United Explorer Signature Visa - 8.5k || Chase Priority Club Select Signature Visa - 5.9k || Citi Platinum Rewards - 4k || Citi Simplicity - 9.1k || GE Capital/Ashley Furniture 3.5k || Penfed Rewards Visa - 5k
Message 14 of 19
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

It seems similar to the Chase Slate which people primarily use as a BT card. Neither have any rewards.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 15 of 19
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah, it did p*ss me off.
Especially because...
It was the most horrible recon experience ever! The CSRs can't do shiz...Lol the Lady in the EO was nice; she followed up w me every couple of weeks! All of the CSRs are pretty ....ill-informed.
If it weren't for the 18 months 0%, I wouldn't ever get a Citi card..
Also, they pulled my report TWICE even though I sent them an updated copy and a note that specified I did not want another hp on my report.

But I'm going to max it out with a bal xfer in a couple months... Hope they like that ;-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 19
dodgeball
Established Contributor

way to be passive aggresive Smiley LOL

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 17 of 19
nagisa
New Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Also, they pulled my report TWICE even though I sent them an updated copy and a note that specified I did not want another hp on my report.

They declined me (didnt even give me a small limit; had zero inquiries in the past 2 years so clean record). Then they double pulled me and I had to call them like 5-6x to even get the recon, all because they didn't like the $1200 balance I had on my AMEX charge card (which was long paid off). In the meantime AMEX gave me $7k and Chase $3k no questions asked.

Only reason I bothered was the 5 TY points for amazon/dining. Great now that I have it though.

PNC Points Visa $3.3k (5/09), Amex PRG NPSP (9/10), Amex BCP $19.7k (10/12), Chase Amazon $4.8k (10/12), Citi Forward $7.5k (11/12), Chase Southwest RR Premier $8k (3/13), Discover it $4.3k (11/13), Citi Double Cash $18k (PC'd 9/16 from AA Executive 7/15), Chase CSR $12.2k (9/16)
Message 18 of 19
jayrock24
Regular Contributor

yes im here to tell citi they can kiss where the sun dont shine they where so rude and tried to make me feel like a criminal in my own credit report never ever will i apply for citi anything not even a free citi sippy cup lol csr was so rude

gardening tu fico 770 eq fico 735 ex fico 698 last app 2/27 chase freedom instant approval planing on gardening until my house search begins sometime in jun or july
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.