cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long Does It Take Amex To Send Card?

tag
RSCo
Established Contributor

How Long Does It Take Amex To Send Card?

I was approved for a Gold Delta Amex last Tuesday..  I've recieved lots of emails from them regarding my new account.. They even sent me a link to set up my new account online even before receiving the card.... The only thing is, I've still not received the card..  Any idea how long it takes them to send it?  it's been 8 days.. 

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: How Long Does It Take Amex To Send Card?

@RSCo wrote:

I was approved for a Gold Delta Amex last Tuesday..  I've recieved lots of emails from them regarding my new account.. They even sent me a link to set up my new account online even before receiving the card.... The only thing is, I've still not received the card..  Any idea how long it takes them to send it?  it's been 8 days.. 

I would expect it either friday or saturday. It's usually 7-10 business days and your already down 1 day for Presidents day no mail.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 9
RSCo
Established Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@RSCo wrote:

I would expect it either friday or saturday. It's usually 7-10 business days and your already down 1 day for Presidents day no mail.

Okay... fingers crossed... Smiley Happy  Thanks for the reply..

Message 3 of 9
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

I applied around Jan 27th I think, took them 3 days to decide on APR. Finally they mailed the card which never got to me in 9 business days, called them again and they expedited the new card overnight.

You can also request a replacement expedited card once you are out of the 7-10 business days period.

Message 4 of 9
RSCo
Established Contributor

@ibmrad7 wrote:

I applied around Jan 27th I think, took them 3 days to decide on APR. Finally they mailed the card which never got to me in 9 business days, called them again and they expedited the new card overnight.

You can also request a replacement expedited card once you are out of the 7-10 business days period.

Thanks much for the hope....

Message 5 of 9
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

First one takes FOREVER. Don't take it personal. All my others have been 3 -5 days maximum. 

Message 6 of 9
RSCo
Established Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

First one takes FOREVER. Don't take it personal. All my others have been 3 -5 days maximum. 

Okay great... Thanks for the hope too.. hehe..

Message 7 of 9
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

+1

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 8 of 9
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

@scenery_guy wrote:

Okay great... Thanks for the hope too.. hehe..

Hey the other side of the coin is eventually (if you over app with AMEX like some of us) you could apply for a card Monday morning and get pending notice, get email on Tuesday with approval message and get the card in your hand Wednesday evening. Boom and thank you AMEX. In my mind they were making up for dragging feet on my first card...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.