Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Long for AU to post?

credit8502020
Frequent Contributor

How Long for AU to post?

Hi All,

I'm looking for Data Points as to how long it takes for an AU to post on a NFCU cc. Also, any tips for how to make sure the AU account posts as quickly as possible? I can definitely provide another data point that NFCU took 2 months to report my new CC. I applied at the end of September and it just reported this week. 

Scenario: I am paying down a $3000 debt on a joint account I have with my Mother. I want to lower her utilization by adding her to my new NFCU card while I pay the balance down. Will this new account negatively impact her in the same way a brand new primary account would? 

She actually just got a new credit card in September 2020, so I'm not as concerned about the new average age penalty. I just want to make sure I'm not overlooking any thing that could negatively impact her if I add her to my card. 

Thanks! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6

Re: How Long for AU to post?

Should be reported at the next regular time your account is reported to the CRAs, this is assuming they report AUs.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.