Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Low can we go Disco?

tag
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

How Low can we go Disco?

Just a little background...

DW opened her Disco which I'm an AU on sometime in 2005...

In 2008-2009, at the peak of the financial turmoil, almost all of our accounts were closed by our creditors. Although DW didn't file for BK and settled with everyone for quarters on the dollar (except Chase) and me ending up filing for BK7, Discover stuck with us!! 

We were constantly over the limit with them (though never late) due to interests and fees after making just a bit over minimum amount due. 

Fast Forward to today when we've completely rebounded and her TU (Disco) FICO8 of 785 with very clean reports... 

Was browsing thru our statement and noticed the APR at 6.99%!! 

Double checked if it was just a promo APR but no it was a permament one. Never even asked for it nor any APR reduction on her acct. 

Don't really go over our statements as I always PIF and would only scroll thru transactions to watch out for possible fraud. So that was quite a wonderful surprise!

Not that it matters since we always PIF and don't pay interests but it's just heartwarming to know that Disco fully trusts and appreciates her now.

I know, I know... one late payment and it goes back up to 29.99% LOL! 

But for now, We're just gonna' sit back and appreciate it and share this as DP to everyone here at the myFICO world!

Happy Fri-Yay y'all!!!

DiscoAPR.jpg

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
xaximus
Valued Contributor

Re: How Low can we go Disco?

**bleep**! That's really nice. My BoA card that I opened probably 10-12 years ago has a low 9% APR as well. Glad you were able to keep it for this long!

Scores - All bureaus 770 +
TCL - Est. $410K
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

6.99 is amazing! Few cards can beat that!

Message 3 of 17
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@xaximus wrote:
**bleep**! That's really nice. My BoA card that I opened probably 10-12 years ago has a low 9% APR as well. Glad you were able to keep it for this long!

Thanks! Yeah really really glad Disco didn’t shut us down back then!

This card’s a keeper!

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a beautifully low number right there!

NO LATE PAYMENTS!!! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 17
5KRunner
Frequent Contributor

Outstanding!

My wife’s Cap One Quicksilver, which started as a Platinum MC in 2005, is at 5.5% APR and has been there since day 1 if I remember correctly.

F83CB434-6A41-4BD0-ABC7-CA1155176AFE.jpeg

Message 6 of 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@JR_TX wrote:

Just a little background...

DW opened her Disco which I'm an AU on sometime in 2005...

In 2008-2009, at the peak of the financial turmoil, almost all of our accounts were closed by our creditors. Although DW didn't file for BK and settled with everyone for quarters on the dollar (except Chase) and me ending up filing for BK7, Discover stuck with us!! 

We were constantly over the limit with them (though never late) due to interests and fees after making just a bit over minimum amount due. 

Fast Forward to today when we've completely rebounded and her TU (Disco) FICO8 of 785 with very clean reports... 

Was browsing thru our statement and noticed the APR at 6.99%!! 

Double checked if it was just a promo APR but no it was a permament one. Never even asked for it nor any APR reduction on her acct. 

Don't really go over our statements as I always PIF and would only scroll thru transactions to watch out for possible fraud. So that was quite a wonderful surprise!

Not that it matters since we always PIF and don't pay interests but it's just heartwarming to know that Disco fully trusts and appreciates her now.

I know, I know... one late payment and it goes back up to 29.99% LOL! 

But for now, We're just gonna' sit back and appreciate it and share this as DP to everyone here at the myFICO world!

Happy Fri-Yay y'all!!!

DiscoAPR.jpg

That is like unheard of. OMG! Enjoy that baby!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 7 of 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmmmmm. I wonder if ANY card can beat it!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 8 of 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@5KRunner wrote:

Outstanding!

My wife’s Cap One Quicksilver, which started as a Platinum MC in 2005, is at 5.5% APR and has been there since day 1 if I remember correctly.

F83CB434-6A41-4BD0-ABC7-CA1155176AFE.jpeg

Well you proved me wrong. Another card CAN beat the 6.99%. These rates were in the good ole days. Congrats for holding on to a card that cannot do a variable rate. 

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hmmmmm. I wonder if ANY card can beat it!

Space Age FCU here in CO has a heavily geofenced card that has an APR equal to the prime rate which is what that Cap card looks to have too (it says it’s a variable APR - code D says it is calculated monthly when the bill cycles - so it’s likely prime without a margin too). 

The Disco rate is not variable though so it is indeed a gem. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.