Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Low can we go Disco?

tag
KLEXH25
Valued Contributor

Re: How Low can we go Disco?

Nice!!! I really do like Discover and want to try to grow it into a nice card.

Message 11 of 17
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Thats amazing JRSmiley Happy I should come to Texas. Gotta be sweet having the cake (DW) and getting to eat it to ( Miss Disco) Smiley Wink🤠
Message 12 of 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

6.99 is amazing! Few cards can beat that!

Hmmmmm. I wonder if ANY card can beat it!

Space Age FCU here in CO has a heavily geofenced card that has an APR equal to the prime rate which is what that Cap card looks to have too (it says it’s a variable APR - code D says it is calculated monthly when the bill cycles - so it’s likely prime without a margin too). 

The Disco rate is not variable though so it is indeed a gem. 

Priceless!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Space Age FCU here in CO has a heavily geofenced card that has an APR equal to the prime rate which is what that Cap card looks to have too (it says it’s a variable APR - code D says it is calculated monthly when the bill cycles - so it’s likely prime without a margin too). 

Priceless!

... "and for everything else there is Master Card" ...

Message 14 of 17
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditInspired wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Priceless!

... "and for everything else there is Master Card" ...

Wow, this is really good to know. Thanks. 

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 15 of 17
JR_TX
Valued Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Thats amazing JRSmiley Happy I should come to Texas. Gotta be sweet having the cake (DW) and getting to eat it to ( Miss Disco) Smiley Wink🤠

Thanks buddy! Yeah you should come to TX! Shiner’s on me! Smiley Happy

And here I thought everything’s  BIG in TX! 

Lol apparently can’t say the same of APRs. Smiley Happy

New cc TLs : 0/6 ; 0/12 ; 0/24 | HPs EX 3 EQ 3 TU 4 | AAoA 7y10m | UTIL 1% - 4% | $300K+ Total Limits

Message 16 of 17
galahad15
Valued Contributor

At one point (pre-CARD Act, around 2008-2009 or thereabouts), I had a Discover card that was 5.24% variable rate at the time, but Disco applied a rate jack due to CARD Act, taking the card higher and into the double digits.  They were willing to later lower the card back to 9.99% V, but because of the subsequent Fed rate hikes, the card is now at 12.24% V -- sadly, they were unable lower it back to around the original rate though.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.