cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many Credit Cards Do YOU have?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Please Reply: How Many Credit Cards Do YOU Own?

@Anonymous wrote:

22 active accounts (19) obtained in the last year most hitting the one year mark this coming month. Score never lower than 740 and has been as high as 805 until the AAOA crashed to 2 1/2 years! Down side to this was a letter form PNC this last month stating the accont would be closed if I did not use it. (I never use it since cl is only 3k and they would not give me a cli at 6 months) This was an account that was bought out by PNC a month after I opened the account. Whenever someone has a great offering for miles or points I get that account. Due to the number of accounts I cannot qualify for Nationwide or Penfed those are the only 2 I wanted and could not obtain. Well add NFCU to that list of want but cannot obtain.

You mean they specifically told you that you had too many accounts?  What is the magic number that they consider too many?

Message 71 of 653
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes they did not give a number but the denial was, to much available credit in both cases. PenFed does not like you to have too many girl friends! Nationwide stated the same thing so I would have apped them first if I had known but most likely those accounts would have been closed by the grantor's after opening once they pulled a soft inquiry. None of the other accounts seemed to care how many open account I had as long as they were paid! I research when to apply for cli's and keep track of them and always try and boost the limits from cli's according to the cards guidelines. Example Citi is every 3 months like clock work.

Message 72 of 653
911gt34life
Frequent Contributor

NationWide 7500 Smiley Happy Discover More 1500 Smiley Sad Dell StoreCard 6500 Capital one 1500 been here for ever Smiley Sad I try amex and Citibank no luck
>
Message 73 of 653
taun
Established Member

CapOne sucks.  I've been with them for almost a decade and my CL has never managed to break $3k.

Message 74 of 653
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 Major CCs

1 Store card

2 AU major CCs, but I don't have the physical cards. I was only added to help my CR.

Message 75 of 653
OptimalCS
Frequent Contributor

How much credit card or credit is considered too much?

"Wisdom is the principal thing..."
Message 76 of 653
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aim720 wrote:

How much credit card or credit is considered too much?

Some internal scoring formula that involves your income and the possibility you could actually repay the money before your death.

___________________________________________________________________________________-

I do not actually own any credit cards, it says on the back of each one: Property of XXXX to be surrendered upon request."

Message 77 of 653
Hollywood80
New Contributor

6 Cards

2 Cap One ($500 Each)

First Premier ($500) - Will Cancel Next Month

Amex Delta ($1000)

2 NFCU - ($13,000 Each) and I still want a CLI Smiley Very Happy

Hoping to get Amex Plat next month so I can join the MFGA (My Fico Gardening Association)  Smiley Very Happy

Message 78 of 653
Anonymous
Not applicable

6 cards:

Credit:

USAA MC

Cap 1

Charge:

Amex Green

Store only:

VS

Old Navy

Haverty's

Message 79 of 653
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have

3 credit cards

2 stores card

Message 80 of 653
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.