cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Many Simultaneous AMEX Revolver Apps?

tag
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

How Many Simultaneous AMEX Revolver Apps?

I am happily in the garden until May but am thinking about my plans for when that day comes. Unfortunately, I was not as strategic as I should have been when I last acquired new cards and have a lot of poorly allocated spend.

Two cards I'd like to get this year are the AMEX Hilton Ascend (I travel frequently and usually stay at Hilton properties) and the Blue Cash Preferred (6% on groceries). Will AMEX approve two revolvers in the same day or, will I need to space out the apps? And, if they do need to be spaced out, what is the length of time? TIA

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Many Simultaneous AMEX Revolver Apps?

5 days in between
Message 2 of 5
Caardvark
Frequent Contributor

Great. Thank you

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, they aren’t very stringent on this rule. Early December I was approved for the Cash Magnet and Everyday cards literally about an hour apart. I wasn’t an AmEx member, and only had 1 other credit card at the time. I say give it a try, what’s the worst that can happen?

Message 4 of 5
NRB525
Super Contributor

Why would you consider the Blue Cash Preferred? The main reward on that card is Grocery spend, which the Gold already has covered. Gold has a higher cap of $25,000 on groceries, and you are already working on the AF for Gold. BCP has its own $95 AF.

The Ascend also has a Grocery category, but Ascend makes more sense as a travel card, since you stay at Hiltons, and it brings in airline lounge access as a feature included in the AF. If you are looking for gas rewards, use the Hilton for gas to get the 6 Hilton points, easily equivalent value (more likely more value) to BCP 3% on gas.

Which categories are you using the Cash+ for?

Your Discover also covers three months each year of groceries...like... now  Smiley Wink

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.