Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How PRG/Chargers Report

tag
driftless
Valued Contributor

How PRG/Chargers Report

I applied for two cards yesterday, one of which is the PRG. I was wondering how a charger effects my FICO score, particularly as to utilization?
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Revolvers Report

@driftless wrote:
I applied for two cards yesterday, one of which is the PRG. I was wondering how a charger effects my FICO score, particularly as to utilization?

Charge cards don't affect utilization and therefore your credit score unless you were to use their pay over time feature.

Message 2 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

PRG won't factor into utilization if you don't use the POT feature as it is a charge card.  .  

Message 3 of 18
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@driftless wrote:

Charge cards don't affect utilization and therefore your credit score unless you were to use their pay over time feature.

must of hit enter 5 secs before me.. I want my time back that I will never getSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 18
driftless
Valued Contributor

Thanks, that is what I thought. I did not realize that there is a pay over time option with PRG.
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it affect AAoA?
Message 6 of 18
driftless
Valued Contributor

Yes.

Yesterday's inquiry has already shown up on myFICO with EX and I was pleasantly surprise to see no change in my score.

Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was no hit to your score even though there was an HP?
Message 8 of 18
driftless
Valued Contributor

No hit.  "Your score has not changed since 6/24/2016"

Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 9 of 18
RonM21
Valued Contributor

As others said, it should not effect your score on utilization but will effect AAoA. Outside of the way they are used, they really don't effect your report too differently.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.