Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Sensitive is Navy to Inquires

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Sensitive is Navy to Inquires

@Anonymous 

Navy is not sensative to inq's at all, I have had double digit inq's and still got approvals.  With Navy it's more about DTI and your history with them. Even members on here with high Util, but Large payemnts ahve seen new cards and CLI's with little issue. Income will play a factor in this as well for the DTI part.  

Just getting started, IMHO i would give it 6 months to build up history with them more than anything. Once they see you are using and paying responsibly, the doors with Navy will open like a floodgate. 

Message 11 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I feel like I have a good mix. The forums suggested starting with no AF cards early on so that even if some have toy limits that never grow I'll never have to close them. I'm sure Disco and my new Navy this summer will be my primary cards. 

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous 

Navy is not sensative to inq's at all, I have had double digit inq's and still got approvals.  With Navy it's more about DTI and your history with them. Even members on here with high Util, but Large payemnts ahve seen new cards and CLI's with little issue. Income will play a factor in this as well for the DTI part.  

Just getting started, IMHO i would give it 6 months to build up history with them more than anything. Once they see you are using and paying responsibly, the doors with Navy will open like a floodgate. 

Thank you for this!!

Message 13 of 21
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Navy Federal is not inquiry sensitive as long as you have a great relationship with them. I just got approved for a flagship Visa with them after being a member for a few years.

I had 9 TransUnion inquires. 

Guyatthebeach

Message 14 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Navy Federal is not inquiry sensitive as long as you have a great relationship with them. I just got approved for a flagship Visa with them after being a member for a few years.

Guyatthebeach

I have more Navy pulls on my TU then you have totalSmiley Wink  #NotPullingYourLeg☺️

Message 15 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

For anyone looking for info on Navy, i posted this in the Navy forum.. Smiley Happy

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Thread-for-CLI-and-Additional...

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@Guyatthebeach wrote:

Guyatthebeach

I have more Navy pulls on my TU then you have totalSmiley Wink  #NotPullingYourLeg☺️

@AverageJoesCredit    So we are comparing our...  INQ's  Smiley Very Happy     

Sadly, i have been good as of lately, so i'm finally under 30..   but the swoon.gif  I got when i had over 100 was priceless Smiley Very Happy

Message 17 of 21
addicted_to_credit
Established Contributor

In short they're not at all, see my siggy.. there's more inq's on my tu than what's there. As others have said, all they really care about is a positive relationship.... you swipe and pay.... wash, rinse and repeat then the flood gate opens up for you just keep your dti in check every where else.

undefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedundefinedMy ImageMy ImageMy ImageMy Image
Message 18 of 21
mrfufoppss
Frequent Contributor

I have enough Inquirys To Build a Home

Navy in my opinion is more concerned with (Relationship) and DTI if you keep those two in good standing Navy will treat you right i was also told by a CSR after you Have one Year of History with Navy the Flood gates open if everything is in order also i was told all CLI will be SPs after you had a one Year History with them

AOD FCU PLOC 10,000
NAVY FED CLOC 3000

Message 19 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sensitive at all. I have 12 inquires. Was recently approved for a large auto loan and CLI on 2 of 3 CCs (awaiting review for 3rd). 

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.