Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Soon To Attempt a Combine?

tag
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

How Soon To Attempt a Combine?

Everything is going very well but I desperately need to work on my CLs for the cards that report on me for consumer credit. What I plan on doing is combining two Citi cards,  a Citi Thankyou Pref of $3200 and a recent Citi Diamond Pref card that I just apped for and received in July with a limit of $4700.

Goal is to create a single consumer CL of $8,000+ in order to build stronger and deeper lines in the future. My first Thankyou Pref line was established in 2011 and the Diamond Pref line again established in 7/12. How soon would anyone of you recommend me wait to combine these two lines? I plan on combining the cards by rolling the Thankyou card into the Diamond Pref line. Understand the AAoA ramification of about 14 months, but I've got another method of strengthening AAoA. And I think the newere Diamond Pref card can be grown faster and stronger in the long run.

6 Months? 3 Months? 1 yr? or as long as I have low balances on each it shouldn't matter?

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: How Soon To Attempt a Combine?

I think you should keep ThankYou Preferred instead. However, last time I talked to Citi they don't move CL from one to another.

Message 2 of 3
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

Re: How Soon To Attempt a Combine?

Thanks for the insight. What I'm really after is a higher limit and to app for the new Citi Hilton Reserve card. Not sure how 3 Citi cards will play. And would also like for the new card to have a maximal limit. Not looking fot have too many accounts in total.

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.