Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How You Would Rank the Customer Service of All Your Issuers

tag
chalupaman
Super Contributor

How You Would Rank the Customer Service of All Your Issuers

I'm curious.

Here's how I'd rank mine in order based on all the experiences I've had with their CSs irrespective of what my CLs with these lenders are.

1. Chase and Amex tied

2. Discover, Bank of America and Barclays tied

3. Cap One

4. Citi

5. Sync Bank and Comenity tied

Not saying even #5 is bad at all with their customer service but compared to the ones I just listed, those lenders just have a much bigger edge IMHO. Reason I put Citi at #4 was because I had to jump through hoops just to get an APR reduction through their executive office and how inconsistent some of their phone reps could be and Sync Bank and Comenity are last mainly because I haven't really dealt with their customer service as much so there's my explanation for that.

Absolute worst lender I've ever dealt with was TD Bank and their Target RED card and when I tried to close that card but I'm just listing all the lenders that I have cards with now. I also honestly don't know how where I'd put Wells Fargo here but I found their service pretty middle of the road.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Luscher
Valued Contributor

Re: How You Would Rank the Customer Service of All Your Issuers

1. Chase, Amex, Discover
2. BOA
3. CITI
CHASE FREEDOM | AMEX BCE | | BOFA REWARDS | CITI TYP | Quicksilver | DISCOVER IT | Sallie Mae | CHASE CSP
--------$32,000-------------$30,000-----------$30,000-----------$30,000-----$13,000---------$18,200----------$15,000---------$6,500----

FICO - TU: 780 EX: 784 EQ: 781
Message 2 of 44
LexieCat
Regular Contributor

1. Barclays; Amex

2. Simmons First

3. Chase

4. CapitalOne (no longer have card, but unpleasant past experience)

5. Citi (ditto)

Chase Sapphire Preferred $32k; CapitalOne Venture $30k; Chase Slate $30k; Barclaycard Arrival Plus $25k; Wells Fargo Visa $25k; Amex EveryDay $25k; Barclaycard Ring $15.5k; Lowes $10k; Barclaycard Apple Financing $9.5k; Best Buy $7k; Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $6.5k; misc. store cards

EQ 822; TU 820; EX 819
Message 3 of 44
Blodreina
Established Contributor

1. Discover

2. Discover

3. Discover

4. Discover

Message 4 of 44
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

1. Amex
2. Chase
3. Discover
4. Citi
5. Barclay
6. Wells Fargo
7. BOA
8. Synchrony Bank
9. Comenity
10. Capital One
11. Target
Message 5 of 44
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

(1) TIE: Chase and Bank of America

(2) Citibank CSR's (Nothing but remarkable service & cooperation but specifically EO Dept)

(3) Barclay's (They are really pretty good)

(3) Comenity (They can be either way A LOT!)

(4) Synchrony India Credit Solutions (BAHH!) Don't even know why i bother.......

(5) Discover (Nice on call ins but really don't mean it and NOT helpful) I know this one goes against most people's experiences but not mine for sure.

Absolute worst lender I've ever dealt with was Target RED card and Crapital 1. WHY C1? For burning a perfectly good HP thru the EO dept after requesting the GM BuyPower WEMC limit be raised at anything but where it's been stuck at $600. GRRRR!!! I have beg, pleaded, and intelligently stated a valid case on their Toy Limit GM card but always falls on deaf ears. THIS IS THROUGH EO.

Message 6 of 44
AvadaKedavra
Established Contributor

1. Amex

2. Barlcays

3. Chase

4. CapitalOne

5. Citi

Haven't really needed any CSR support from the other cards that I have.

Message 7 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

1. BofA

2. Citi

3. Chase

4. Barclays

Message 8 of 44
negg
Frequent Contributor

IMO, the best I've dealt with has been marriot side of chase. 

The worst has been the uninformed csr from BofA. The lies they spew are off the charts. My fav "it's against fed law to give out a CLI without a hard pull". What about the cc companies that have gave me CLI without a hard pull. "they will get caught and be fined". 

Outside of that I don't bother my cc companies. 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 9 of 44
Chris679
Established Contributor

1. Discover
2. Citi
3. Amex
4. Chase
5. BoA
6. Capital One
Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.