Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I get a SP CLI from BOA?

tag
broseph23
Regular Contributor

How can I get a SP CLI from BOA?

I've read a lot on here that some people have been able to get CLI from BOA via a SP. I've had my Alaska airlines card since September 2012, and Ive gotten them only with a HP by using the website button. I called them earlier today and they kept telling me that it can only be done as a HP and never will anyone get one with a SP (okay, now that's a flat out lie). Also, then they were telling me that because im under 21 (for only a few more weeks!) that my card is set up differently, kind of as a "student card" even though its not... uh that makes no sense. Whatever, I'm kind of fed up with BOA because they always give me the run around and their customer service is seriously lacking.

Any ideas on how to get the SP?

Age: 25 | FICO: TU 802, EQ 782, EX 801 | FAKO: TU 778, EX 769 | Garden: 6/2015 | Total History: 7yr 6mo | AAoA: 4yr 2mo | Util: 4%
........24000...............10000.....................6000................7000................500..................5000................18000...............10000
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How can I get a SP CLI from BOA?

Ask the Magic 8 ball: http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi

Receive Ask Again Later 9 times in a row, followed by an Absolutely on the 10th try.  Only then shall you receive a BOFA SP CLI.

Seriously, BOFA I simply expect to take a hard inquiry on TU for a CLI; this isn't a big deal to me as my TU report is absurdly useless.

I think BOFA does SP's occasionally and stores them for a bit; when you call in the CSR may be able to check to see if their system has a pending CLI or something similar to that, but generally speaking any customer initiated CLI (Chase too) is a HP.  Anything else is absurdly lucky in my estimation.

        
Message 2 of 8
elpo9
Regular Contributor

+1. From my experience, you cannot. Expect a hard, even with an analyst.

NFCU (7000) | Freedom Visa (2400) | DM (2500) | AMEX Plat (7000) | Amazon.com (1800) | GapCard ($750) | Closed: Barclays (1500) | Cap1 ($750) | BoA 1-2-3 Rewards (2500) | Gardening til mid-autumn 2015 for that Delta Platinum AMEX

Starting Score: 608 (2015) 702 (2012), 653 (2011)
Current Score: 685 699 8/6/11 717 8/30/11 712 12/6/11 714 across the board 1/12/12 685 EX FICO 3/1/14
2018 Goal Score: 715

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
missambitious
Established Member

I don't think they have a so record on file because you are under 21 and they can't actually advertise anything to you until you are. Your best bet is yo call again and talk to another csr and/or call that backdoor #
123 BOA Cash Rewards 2K, Macy's Store, GE Capital (local furniture) 4K & counting

Long Term Goals:
Amex BCP, Discover, CSP
FICO score 750+ Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 8
lolabeth
Established Member

Actually, I think it depends on how recently your credit has been reviewed by BOA. I got a cli earlier this year without any pull, just by clicking my request button. I actually hit it by accident. It instantly bumped my card up $2000. Later that week I called to request a lower apr and the guy says "well, I can tell you that your account was reviewed recently, which is great..." before he lowered my apr. Also did that with no pull (or perhaps a SP - I haven't checked the soft pulls since then, but no HP). I did notice that BOA softed in December or early January. The anniversary of my account is December. Not sure if they coincided or just random. FWIW
Message 5 of 8
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@broseph23 wrote:

I've read a lot on here that some people have been able to get CLI from BOA via a SP. I've had my Alaska airlines card since September 2012, and Ive gotten them only with a HP by using the website button. I called them earlier today and they kept telling me that it can only be done as a HP and never will anyone get one with a SP (okay, now that's a flat out lie). Also, then they were telling me that because im under 21 (for only a few more weeks!) that my card is set up differently, kind of as a "student card" even though its not... uh that makes no sense. Whatever, I'm kind of fed up with BOA because they always give me the run around and their customer service is seriously lacking.

Any ideas on how to get the SP?

Anyone who gets a soft pull (or no pull) is an anomaly and certainly not the standard.  BofA is notorious for HP for CLI.  I've had several CLI across 2 cards and all have been TU HP. 

Message 6 of 8
lolabeth
Established Member

Oh, and I didn't fill out the request form at all, which may be why I got no pull. (The form that asks for your income, why you want the increase, how much, etc.) Just clicked the button and my limit went up by $2000 (at the same time as the form displayed). On my next statement, BoA congratulated me on my new limit, which I thought was funny.
Message 7 of 8
rkinnahan
New Contributor

Has anyone else had success with something like that?  Maybe a loophole?

@lolabeth wrote:
Oh, and I didn't fill out the request form at all, which may be why I got no pull. (The form that asks for your income, why you want the increase, how much, etc.) Just clicked the button and my limit went up by $2000 (at the same time as the form displayed). On my next statement, BoA congratulated me on my new limit, which I thought was funny.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $12k | Chase Freedom $7k | Chase United MileagePlus Explorer $15k | Chase Hyatt Visa $11.8k | Chase Amazon Visa $3k | Citi TY Premier $8.5k | Amex SPG $13.5k | Amex HHonors $5k | Discover IT $9k | BofA Cash Rewards $6k | BofA BB Rewards $2.7k | Banana Republic Visa $3k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.