cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?

tag
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

Re: How can they report AU if they don't ask SS#?

you've been an au for ten years and it didn't show up?

I faxed Equifax information on Friday asking them to please report, but they have not picked it up as of yet. TU and EX picked it up in 30 days, still waiting on EQ...i'd really be interested to know how an AU can be proactive in getting the card to report...

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 41 of 43
mt2va
Established Contributor

@daisyduke wrote:

you've been an au for ten years and it didn't show up?

I faxed Equifax information on Friday asking them to please report, but they have not picked it up as of yet. TU and EX picked it up in 30 days, still waiting on EQ...i'd really be interested to know how an AU can be proactive in getting the card to report...

No it has never reported.  They tell my mom it will & even when she questions how without my ss# they say it will.  But it doesn't.  In my case they can't match by last name/address as I'm married now (although all 3 CR show my maiden name as previous names gone by) but I obviously live at a different address than they do. 

At this point now that I'm rebuilding my credit I really dont' need it but it was frustrating that they kept saying they reported it but they never did.  This particular CC is always PIF by my parents every month but it has a pretty high utilization & I don't want that to kill my score while I'm rebuilding.  I just thought the age of the account might help me out some. 

Starting Scores 10/12: EQ 460 (FICO)/TU 502 (FAKO)/EX 474 (FAKO)
(7/14): EQ 572 (FICO)/TU 624 (FICO)/ EX 612 (FICO)

Current (2016): EQ 605 (FICO)/TU 657 (FICO)/EX 646 (FICO)

Message 42 of 43
daisyduke
Valued Contributor

interesting. the utilization is what helped with TU Fico  -i went from 67% to 21% utilization. good good good...

Starting Score: 682 EQ, 663 TU
Current Score: 687 EQ - 705 TU on 7/18/10
Goal Score: 700 + both EQ and TU

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.