cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How come I don't get any pre-approval letters?

tag
sleephla541
Regular Contributor

How come I don't get any pre-approval letters?

So my credit scores have improved drastically in the last 2 years thanks to these myfico boards.  I'm now in the 730 and 750 range for my EQ and TU.  I have two Cap 1 cards totaling $2750 limit, with 41% util.  I'm wondering why I'm not receiving any pre-approvals in the mail when it seems like I should be.  Even when my score was in the crapper, I still haven't received more than maybe 2 in the last couple years.  I'm not opted out, so I know this isn't it.  Any ideas as to why I wouldn't be getting any CC pre-approvals?

Thanks for all the help!

TU: 752, EQ: 761, EX: 745
Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: How come I don't get any pre-approval letters?

@sleephla541 wrote:

So my credit scores have improved drastically in the last 2 years thanks to these myfico boards.  I'm now in the 730 and 750 range for my EQ and TU.  I have two Cap 1 cards totaling $2750 limit, with 41% util.  I'm wondering why I'm not receiving any pre-approvals in the mail when it seems like I should be.  Even when my score was in the crapper, I still haven't received more than maybe 2 in the last couple years.  I'm not opted out, so I know this isn't it.  Any ideas as to why I wouldn't be getting any CC pre-approvals?

Thanks for all the help!

Your 42% UTIL could possibly be a reason, what else is on your reports?. I have seen people with high 700 scores and still have BK and collections and CO on their reports.  Since you say your scores have improved drastically it is possible you still have some negative information reporting which could also be reasons for no pre-approvals in mail. Since the credit crunch many creditors/lenders have slowed down on their offers and what qualifies for an offer.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 31
sleephla541
Regular Contributor

It's weird because up until about a year ago, I had 3 collections that came off with age and 1 that I was able to PFD. But since about Jan of 2010, my reports have been clean. I'm about to close on a mortgage in the next two weeks, so maybe something will change after that. Thanks for your info.
TU: 752, EQ: 761, EX: 745
Message 3 of 31
wmarat
Valued Contributor

@sleephla541 wrote:

Thanks for all the help!

You are so lucky.

IN VINO VERITAS.
Message 4 of 31
JayRizzo
Established Contributor

't worryRe: How come I don't get any pre-approval letters?

Don't worry, members... it's all over the news that lenders are gearing up to do mass mailings in 2011 now that the economy is a little better.  In fact, Cap-1 has a head-start.  I tell my friends and family (even FICO members), don't apply to all of these offers!  For the bad ones, introduce them to THE SHREDDER!!!  For the decent ones, you can play one company against another in an attempt for a better rate or card.

It's all a big financial game we're playing. 

Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: 't worryRe: How come I don't get any pre-approval letters?

With the economy improving a little and unemployment inching downwards combined with the recent cleansing from the credit crunch of the past several years, I suspect you'll see all the CC companies compete vigorously for potential card holders the next couple of years to rebuild their portfolios. In my view, if you're patient, a good offer can be had.
Message 7 of 31
SocalMark
Regular Contributor

Who does HSBC pull from for the prequalify...Thanks

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SocalMark wrote:

Who does HSBC pull from for the prequalify...Thanks

It's supposed to be region specific. For me (VA) they have always softed Equifax.

Message 9 of 31
SocalMark
Regular Contributor

MyFico 738 score and only for there Household Secured. Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.