cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How complicated is your award travel strategy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How complicated is your award travel strategy?

@K-in-Boston wrote:

@wasCB14 that City National card is really tempting!

@Anonymous that is a great perk and one of the reasons I regret not picking up the Ritz-Carlton card.  Unfortunately the most common Infinite card (and the only one I have) is excluded from the $100 credit (CSR).

Are they not bringing the ritz card back and is the amex luxury pretty much taking its spot?   i got the ritz card in june but just wondering if its going to go away,   ohh and that card is a beast,   theres 2 places i cant use it,  one it shuts down their credit card reader and the other just declines it,  

Message 41 of 43
wasCB14
Super Contributor

With Best Western, I have enough points (~15,000 from one multi-room 4-night stay) and the program is flexible enough that I actually have a few options (like transferring for 3,000 AA miles). That said, BW points don't expire so that's the one program where there's no rush.

But the other programs do make it tricky to use orphan points.

The magazine offers look like the only way to use my ~3,500 Alaska miles. Is there some catch to them? They do look, at first glance, attractive.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 42 of 43
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Are they not bringing the ritz card back and is the amex luxury pretty much taking its spot?   i got the ritz card in june but just wondering if its going to go away,   ohh and that card is a beast,   theres 2 places i cant use it,  one it shuts down their credit card reader and the other just declines it,  

Chase is not bringing back the Ritz-Carlton but will continue to service existing cardholders (for now, at least).  SPG Luxury is indeed the super premium Marriott card going forward.  First world problems on being able to use it, though.  This is the first time I can ever recall having "didn't app regret."  LOL  Anyway, my gut feeling from the original press release concerning Amex and Chase both issuing cards is that RC cards and Marriott biz cards will eventually become Amex accounts, while vanilla SPG cards will eventually become Chase accounts.

Message 43 of 43
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.