Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How cool is this?????

tag
adavis425
Established Contributor

How cool is this?????

I called AMEX because I was locked out of my account while trying to book a plane ticket (tried to remember CCV, but got it wrong 3 times) and got an error message to call the number on the back of the card. Anyway, I went and got the card and called. So Donna went through her routine and unlocked me and THEN she said, "Ms. ----, I see you use your account for a lot of air travel and also everyday purchases. Have your ever considered upgrading your account to the Platinum card?" Smiley Surprised OOOOMMMGGGG!!!!! I couldn't believe it! I had been considering it, but not until sometime next year. I didn't tell her that. I just told her I would consider it, but I was screaming on the inside!!!  But how cool is that to have it offered??? Smiley Tongue I tell you these forums are priceless! I have come a long way in the past year.

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Re: How cool is this?????

Very cool!

Message 2 of 7
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I think the credit requirement for the green, gold, and plat are similar. It just comes down to the AF. Get the card that fits best with your spending habits. The plat may be worth it to you. It has some nice perks.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 3 of 7
adavis425
Established Contributor

I think you're right, Dustink, but it's been a while since someone offered me credit. Even with all the hard work I've put in, it just doesn't happen. That's why I thought it was pretty cool. Smiley Happy

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 4 of 7
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Yeah, I bet it is nice to not have to ask Smiley Happy

I have never been offered credit, I have always had to beg and plead for it...haha

Not to be a downer, it's still cool.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 5 of 7
CreditEd
Regular Contributor

@adavis425 wrote:

I called AMEX because I was locked out of my account while trying to book a plane ticket (tried to remember CCV, but got it wrong 3 times) and got an error message to call the number on the back of the card. Anyway, I went and got the card and called. So Donna went through her routine and unlocked me and THEN she said, "Ms. ----, I see you use your account for a lot of air travel and also everyday purchases. Have your ever considered upgrading your account to the Platinum card?" Smiley Surprised OOOOMMMGGGG!!!!! I couldn't believe it! I had been considering it, but not until sometime next year. I didn't tell her that. I just told her I would consider it, but I was screaming on the inside!!!  But how cool is that to have it offered??? Smiley Tongue I tell you these forums are priceless! I have come a long way in the past year.

CONGRATS 3YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know how it felt when I saw that little button on my account screen. I'm sure that it felt even better to have a REAL person to ask you.

Dispite the quals may be being similar, you're clearly keeping things moving in the right direction

Enjoy 

NPSL              $25k            $25k              $23k              $22k               $16k              $12k              $10k            $6.5k
Message 6 of 7
codimom
Frequent Contributor

very cool.. you're right, its nice to be asked instead of asking Smiley Happy

Back in the garden!
App free since 23Oct2012 reset to 27Aug13 and reset again 4nov13
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.