cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How did you find out about this forum?

tag
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: How did you find out about this forum?

@MidnightVoice wrote:

I have been here so long I have forgotten how I got here.  Rather like the story of my life  Smiley Very Happy

Ditto!

Message 31 of 39
lithium78
Established Contributor

Suze Orman directed me here.  And it's worked out rather nicely so far. :-)

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 32 of 39
frogfan12
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I always watch Suze Orman and she often refers to this site so I decided to check it out.  Glad I did!

Same here. I also wanted to rebuild my credit after graduating from college, so I signed up for the Score Watch and Quarterly Monitoring. Both have been very helpful, especially when I got a collection put on my credit. Because I caught it early, I was able to do a PFD. And I found out what a PFD was thanks to myFICO. Very useful site. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 33 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@visorboy1974 wrote:

I needed a FICO score.  

Me too.  And, I still do! Smiley Wink  But, I found a terrific community of very nice people who are helping me learn what I never knew about credit but always wanted/needed to know.  I am so thankful for this website and I look forward to the day when I can finally announce that I finally have a FICO® score! Smiley Happy 

Message 34 of 39
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I can't remember actually.............I think apping for a card said something about a FICO score and googled FICO and there my relationship blossumed into a full fledged addiction!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 35 of 39
Nyru
Valued Member

I found this forum after I had been declined a CLI from AMEX that said that my FICO score was 620. This was strange to me, because I had been using freecreditreport.com for almost 2 years, and it gave me a much higher score. I decided to research this "FICO" they spoke of. I went on these forums and was horrified by my scores (you can see them in my siggy). But ever since then, I've greatly improved. So, I guess getting declined for the AMEX CLI was a blessing in disguise.

Starting Score (2/15/13): EX (fako) 583// EQ FICO 634// TU FICO 658
Current Score (5/27/14): EX FICO 719// EQ FICO 742// TU FICO 729
Goal Scores: 740 on all.
CSP- 10K, United mileage explorer- 9k, Freedom- 5k, Barclays Arrival+ W.E.- 5k, Nordstrom- 6k, Chase Hyatt- 5k, Discover it- 5k, Slate- 4.5k, Amex Blue Cash- 1k.
Message 36 of 39
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

I can't remember actually.............I think apping for a card said something about a FICO score and googled FICO and there my relationship blossumed into a full fledged addiction!

It sure is an addiction!!! Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 37 of 39
twall06
Frequent Contributor

Google I was looking to see how to get collections removed .
Message 38 of 39
Grabiela
New Contributor

I Google it because a friend told me that he always read my fico before he goes to sleep.

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.