cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I apply payment to specific part of Lowe's balance?

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

How do I apply payment to specific part of Lowe's balance?

I'm in the process of renovating so I've been using my Lowe's card a lot lately. Appliances gave an extra 10% off if I paid with my Lowe's card but this needs to be paid in full to avoid interest as I took the discount instead of special finance terms.

My card has 4 transactions on the statement:

The regular purchase (appliances)

A deferred interest purchase

Two fixed interest special project financing

It says my minimum payment is $239.31

The regular purchase is $2497

If I make a payment of $2500 will it apply that to the regular purchase first?

I've tried calling the number on the back of the card multiple times for help but I'm disconnected or it says they're unavailable right now.

Help!

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I apply payment to specific part of Lowe's balance?

You can go to your account and set your options to apply payments to regular purchases first before promo offers. As long as it's not 2 months before your promo ends, all of the payment will go to your regular purchase. The will enable you to pay off your appliances before your promo purchase. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.