cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I find out when my CC balances report?

tag
ztnjpv
Established Contributor

Re: How do I find out when my CC balances report?

In my experience, the statement balance is what you see on the credit report. The one exception to this for me is US Bank. They report BEFORE the statement date. I had a few frustrating months in a row in terms of having very high balances report because my payment was made after the balance reported but before the statement closing. 

So, I called and figured it out after much discussion with the poor rep who was learning along with me. My statements are most always on the 7th or 6th of the month. However,US Bank reports my balance as of 7:58pm ET on the 2nd of every month. That's what the bureaus see. They are the exception in my experience. YMMV

Start (Sept 2011): low-mid 600s. NOW: TU FICO: 801, EQ FICO 808, EX FICO 798 (PSECU). Goal: Achieved! Now Maintain!
Message 11 of 17
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What does EIDT stand for?

I think s/he is referring to Enhanced Identity Theft Protection. I was only able to pull new reports once every calendar month though. I was using it to be able to pull my reports each month and watch for activity, and their FAKO scores were pretty close to inline with my FICO scores. As always, YMMV.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 12 of 17
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

In my experience, EX is quickest, followed by EQ, and then TU. 

Definitely a case of YMMV! The order I've received recent updates: TU (CK), EX (CS), EQ (MyFico).

Message 13 of 17
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ive heard here also that Discover mid cycle reports, but ime...they report like everyone else.

All of my creditors report statement balances in the fashion that snacktrader and I described!

This includes: GECRB, Chase, Amex, Discover, Barclay's, Commenity
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 14 of 17
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

EliminateID Theft (EIDT) lets you pull all 3 reports (and FAKO scores) daily - not once a month. And it's $17.95 for me and my wife per month. 

The reports show you the date reported, unlike the ones from some other services.

By the way it only took Discover 3 business days to have the accounts show up on my report (as an AU on my wifes 2 cards). Pretty sweet to be able to check daily and see it appear with history since 1997!

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

And the three reports provided by EIDT are the real deal? One from each bureau?
Message 16 of 17
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
And the three reports provided by EIDT are the real deal? One from each bureau?

Yes.  It uses myprivacymatters which is the same interface as Truecredit by TransUnion, but it allows you to pull daily.  If you pay for the year in advance, it is $180 for you and a spouse (at least it was), so it ends up being $7.50/month/person. 

It's a bit clunky becuase you have to log in through EIDT, then enter your zipcode to log in to the credit center, and then click on another link to launch you over to myprivacymatters where you enter another set of login credentials to finally get your reports, but it's a pretty good deal for the price.  I like it.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.