Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get NFCU to lower my apr on CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I get NFCU to lower my apr on CC

So after reading several posts of people successfully getting APR reductions on their cards through NFCU I decided to give it a try.

It was a nogo this time around.  

I opened the cash rewards visa card on April 1, 2015.  Have a 14000 limit.  No balance at the monent.  Paid off a cash advance from January in March.  Don't use the card a whole bunch,  Usually couple times a month and then pif.  

Anyone have an idea of when to ask.  My current apr is 16.90 which is really high if I ever need to use the cash advance feature like I did in January.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I get NFCU to lower my apr on CC

@Anonymous wrote:

So after reading several posts of people successfully getting APR reductions on their cards through NFCU I decided to give it a try.

It was a nogo this time around.  

I opened the cash rewards visa card on April 1, 2015.  Have a 14000 limit.  No balance at the monent.  Paid off a cash advance from January in March.  Don't use the card a whole bunch,  Usually couple times a month and then pif.  

Anyone have an idea of when to ask.  My current apr is 16.90 which is really high if I ever need to use the cash advance feature like I did in January.  

You can ask once a year.  If they denied you this time, pretty sure that you have to wait another year to try again.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.