cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get in with Citibank? Or am I in yet?

tag
texasman07
Established Contributor

How do I get in with Citibank? Or am I in yet?

So years ago I had two Citibank Cards combined CL about 8,000$. Long story short I ended up getting sick and defaulted on both.  They were both sent to collections.  I paid one off and not sure what happened to the other. They are both off my credit report now.  My scores are low 600's and im rebuilding my credit.  But would this make me black listed from citi in the future?  I recently got approved for thier Shell personal gas card, Exxon Card and Citgo card ( <----Thought I would get denied but low and behold I got approved and now I have 3 gas cards! Yikes) all low limits.  Does this mean that citi forgave me or these are gas cards so it doesnt matter? Anyone with the same situation and then got a citi card?

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do I get in with Citibank? Or am I in yet?

just move onto another company. i never will understand the amount of people coming on here trying to get back in the good graces of someone they screwed over.

good luck on rebuilding

Message 2 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

+++++ to gbishere!  I hope we all treat our interpersonal relationships with others better than we do our relationships with our creditors.  I can imagine someone saying "Well, I'm getting a better deal from "X" so it's time to kick my girlfriend to the curb..  She was definitely subprime and all I could get years ago but I've outgrown her."

Message 3 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

just move onto another company. i never will understand the amount of people coming on here trying to get back in the good graces of someone they screwed over.

good luck on rebuilding

Everyone has their reasons. I was young and dumb and defaulted on a Citibank credit card. I was blacklisted. I paid my dues and paid that internal collection account in full including all the extra interest, fee's, and whatever.  I do remember they gave me excellent service as a credit provider, lots of cli's, nice big limit, pleasant CSR's. etc.  I wanted to get back in Citibank's 'good graces' because I liked their Dividend card and just generally do all my banking with them. They're my primary B&M bank. I have two checking accounts with them among other things. Guess I'm off that blacklist because I recently got approved for the Dividend card after previously being denied for having an unsatisfactory relationship with them.

To the OP, you're gonna have to wait a long time to get off that blacklist. I spoke to so many people it's not even funny. No one knows anything and they keep transferring you in circles among a small loop of departments. Since the time I paid my account until I got approved again was about 6 years. Take that for whatever its worth. Then again, I never applied and/or got approved for their gas cards. 

Message 4 of 15
texasman07
Established Contributor

Hey thanks... Mine was due to illness (Cancer) for a year and half I was bed ridden and cared about getting better not my credit score.  I was just asking so when my scores are in the 700's and I apply I wouldnt waste the Credit Inquiry.  Thanks for the comment though :-)

Message 5 of 15
texasman07
Established Contributor

I dont like to post my Illness on here or use it as an excuse. Everyone has good an bad days.  Just because you mess up once does not mean your a bad person

Message 6 of 15
armymom
Regular Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

I dont like to post my Illness on here or use it as an excuse. Everyone has good an bad days.  Just because you mess up once does not mean your a bad person

+1

Filed BK 07/07/15 Discharged 10/07/15
Starting scores 11/2015 EQ 567 TU 487 EX 531
Current scores 02/2017 EQ 649, TU 642, EX 651

Cap 1 QS 5000 Cap 1 QS 6500, PenFed Promise 2500, NFCU GoRewards 8000 NFCU CLOC 4000
In the garden until 2018
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@armymom wrote:

@texasman07 wrote:

+1

+2

Let us know what you decide to do. From what I can tell they don't blacklist everyone and you already have the other Citi cards (althought I think they have a different underwriting department from the Citi-only cards). But then again, why waste an inquiry.

Message 8 of 15
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@armymom wrote:

@texasman07 wrote:

+1

+2

Let us know what you decide to do. From what I can tell they don't blacklist everyone and you already have the other Citi cards (althought I think they have a different underwriting department from the Citi-only cards). But then again, why waste an inquiry.

+1000. Everyone's life circumstances are different. We shouldn't be so quick to judge, especially on a DB where we don't know much, if anything at all, about a poster's personal situation.
That being said... is there anyone who knows the answer to the OP's question?

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 9 of 15
vish1
Valued Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

+100

Life comes first. Credit is one of the 1000 things we use to make our life better.

I don't care what computers or the creditors understand or think. For them their money might come first, for us our life has to be your first priority and you did exactly what you should have done (Any sane would have done the same).

It sure doesn't make you or anyone a bad person or anything of that sort. It only means that you had potluck at that time.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.