Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I join the gardening cult?

tag
joe_kool
New Visitor

How do I join the gardening cult?

The current hot topic on another forum is the Gardening cult. I've always wanted to join a really cool cult, but was born too late for most of the really hardcore ones(People's Temple, Heaven's Gate, Branch Davidians). Is there some sort of ritual needed to join the gardening group? Do I need to do at least 10 "shopping cart tricks" to join? Help- I need advice!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How do I join the gardening cult?

@joe_kool wrote:

The current hot topic on another forum is the Gardening cult. I've always wanted to join a really cool cult, but was born too late for most of the really hardcore ones(People's Temple, Heaven's Gate, Branch Davidians). Is there some sort of ritual needed to join the gardening group? Do I need to do at least 10 "shopping cart tricks" to join? Help- I need advice!

LOL

Message 2 of 10
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

@joe_kool wrote:

I hope you are who I think you are!

Message 3 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

Welcome to the forum

Most of the haters and I'll be honest from that site are people who have been banned from here for one reason or another mostly not respecting others.

And a few more that are on the radar and soon to be.

I find it funny that they tend to get all there valued info here but talk crap about the garden in the process ...LMAO

I think both forums have great info minus the one person over there who keeps the cult term going and his followers who can't think for themselves.

But here's a tidbit that's interesting

If you hate this site so much and not directed towards you OP why do you find ways to register and read since your IP is blocked but you go out of your way too...

MyFico and the GC must not be so bad and I would tell you make your own choices and opinions.

IMHO

BTW we also get those that come over just to start BS 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 10
tcbofade
Super Contributor

I have no idea which forum y'all are referring to, but I kinda LIKE the term gardening cult...  Smiley Tongue

02/01/24 Fico 8: EX 757, EQ 803, TU 783.
Fico 9: EX 760 12/16/23, EQ 790 02/04/24, TU No idea.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Message 5 of 10
Boragard
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Welcome to the forum

Most of the haters and I'll be honest from that site are people who have been banned from here for one reason or another mostly not respecting others.

And a few more that are on the radar and soon to be.

I find it funny that they tend to get all there valued info here but talk crap about the garden in the process ...LMAO

I think both forums have great info minus the one person over there who keeps the cult term going and his followers who can't think for themselves.

But here's a tidbit that's interesting

If you hate this site so much and not directed towards you OP why do you find ways to register and read since your IP is blocked but you go out of your way too...

MyFico and the GC must not be so bad and I would tell you make your own choices and opinions.

IMHO

BTW we also get those that come over just to start BS 

tell those haters MJ!!! Get the ERTs on them!

Message 6 of 10
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Start by not getting banned and having to create a new account, to post sarcasm, to somehow feel relieved by it.  Do all that, coupled with being respectful and not applying for new credit that requires a HP, and you are in.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 7 of 10
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@VirtualCuriosity wrote:

Start by not getting banned and having to create a new account, to post sarcasm, to somehow feel relieved by it.  Do all that, coupled with being respectful and not applying for new credit that requires a HP, and you are in.

+1.  Best advice I've read all day!!!   Smiley WinkSmiley Very Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 10
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

Well, I'm not in the garden by choice....

I was handcuffed.

::edited for wrong image::

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 9 of 10
Pupeitmeister
Valued Contributor

@joe_kool wrote:

Cult, according to Webster's 1913 Dictionary:

Pronunciation: kŭlt
n.1.Attentive care; homage; worship.

With exception of the word worship, I can see that terminology being used. 

We are in the Garden to acheive a Better Self, and to show support to each other. 

Some may take it to a new extreme, but for the most part... it works well.  

I am sorry, OP, that you have at some time in the past felt disillusioned by the myFICO forum gardening club, and that you have disdain in  your soul for us.

Feel free to lurk, and learn, and show support of others without sarcasm, or malicious intent, and for heaven's sake do not get any Hard Pulls on your CR... THEN and ONLY then.. will you be considered a member of the Gardening "Cult".

OFFICIAL GARDEN START DATE: 10-05-2014... TARGET GARDEN END DATE: 06-01-2016 Lets Git 'r' dun
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.