cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set new PIN for new SDFCU Premium Cash Back+ PIN priority card?

tag
MrT_521
Regular Contributor

How do I set new PIN for new SDFCU Premium Cash Back+ PIN priority card?

My new SDFCU Premium Cash Back+ just arrived in the mail. It is the PIN priority option. I have read DPs on some users having issues using the PIN for the first time. This is somewhat complicated by me being an expat living in Africa, and the card shipping to my friend and Power of Attorney in the US.

I set a new PIN for both mine and my wife's card when I activated them. Will the PINs simply just work? Does the PIN option activate when using the card in the US? Are there certain stores where the PIN option will for sure appear? I have asked my friend to use my card to see what happens (yes, I trust him and I gave him the PIN! He is my Power of Attorney so he can do pretty much anything he wishes anyway. Smiley Indifferent). I am just wondering if there is anything I should tell him.

Personal Cards

Business Cards

Debit Cards

FICO 8 Scores (as of Dec 14, 2022)

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Re: How do I set new PIN for new SDFCU Premium Cash Back+ PIN priority card?

@MrT_521 wrote:

My new SDFCU Premium Cash Back+ just arrived in the mail. It is the PIN priority option. I have read DPs on some users having issues using the PIN for the first time. This is somewhat complicated by me being an expat living in Africa, and the card shipping to my friend and Power of Attorney in the US.

I set a new PIN for both mine and my wife's card when I activated them. Will the PINs simply just work? Does the PIN option activate when using the card in the US? Are there certain stores where the PIN option will for sure appear? I have asked my friend to use my card to see what happens (yes, I trust him and I gave him the PIN! He is my Power of Attorney so he can do pretty much anything he wishes anyway. Smiley Indifferent). I am just wondering if there is anything I should tell him.

Normally the PIN codes are effective immediately once you activate the card and choose a PIN code.   He can always go to an ATM machine and enter the PIN code and see if it accepts the PIN number and if it does, just cancel the transaction afer it confirms the PIN.

Message 2 of 4
Namaste7
Established Contributor

@MrT_521 wrote:

Will the PINs simply just work?

• Yes - That was my experience.

Does the PIN option activate when using the card in the US?

• Beyond the step of setting up the PIN, it worked without any further action.

Are there certain stores where the PIN option will for sure appear?

• I have not used the card at terminals since the shelter-in-place order. Prior to COVID, PIN was always required to complete transaction.
    • IME, the one exception is Costco gas station. I could bypass pin by hitting enter on the gas pump keypaid. In store, PIN is required to complete the transaction.
    • For Bed Bath & Beyond, it triggered PIN+signature.

Overall great card and simple rewards system. However, the CL growth is slow as molasses.

~~MMXX~~
2024 Goal$
2023 Goal$
FICOs 760+
Message 3 of 4
MrT_521
Regular Contributor

@Namaste7 wrote:

Overall great card and simple rewards system. However, the CL growth is slow as molasses.

Thank you both for the info.

I'm looking forward to getting the card and using it. Fortunately the CL isn't a problem for me right now. I'll let it sit at $5K for awhile, and go from there. Smiley Happy

Personal Cards

Business Cards

Debit Cards

FICO 8 Scores (as of Dec 14, 2022)

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.