Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do balance transfers work?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do balance transfers work?

Hey there.. so I am taking advantage of my 0% APR with CapOne and transferring $500 of the balance from my WAMU card over to CapOne. I applied for it, got charged $500 on my recent activity, but what happens now? Do they send me a check to write out to WAMU in the mail .. or? Thanks in advance!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Cooneyca
Regular Contributor

Re: How do balance transfers work?

BTs come in all different forms.  Did you give Cap One your Wamu details?  If yes, then they probably sent a payment directly to your Wamu account.  If you don't see the reciprocal in a couple days (holiday weekend is causing delay in online updates), I would follow up.

Sometimes they do send you a check or checks, but it's rarely in a specific amount.  Usuaully they're blank and they have you write them out to whomever you wish.

Another way is a direct deposit of the specified amount into your checking account.

kontayjus wrote:
Hey there.. so I am taking advantage of my 0% APR with CapOne and transferring $500 of the balance from my WAMU card over to CapOne. I applied for it, got charged $500 on my recent activity, but what happens now? Do they send me a check to write out to WAMU in the mail .. or? Thanks in advance!

Jan 07: tu 498, ex 501, eq 504
Oct 07: tu 716, ex 712, eq 723
Nov 07: tu 693, ex 664, eq 672_post app frenzy
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.