cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you contact Cap1 EO now that phone # is no longer available and already e-mailed CEO?

tag
galahad15
Valued Contributor

How do you contact Cap1 EO now that phone # is no longer available and already e-mailed CEO?

How exactly do you contact Cap1 EO now that the previously-dedicated phone number is no longer available?  Also if you've already e-mailed the Cap1 CEO (as was helpfully suggested by one of the mods here i think earlier), but no luck there either on that front?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you contact Cap1 EO now that phone # is no longer available and already e-mailed CEO?

reach out via facebook or twitter and let them pass it on.

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you contact Cap1 EO now that phone # is no longer available and already e-mailed CEO?

what are you trying to accomplish
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

hope it's not for a CLI or a friggin metal venture card..
Message 4 of 18
galahad15
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
what are you trying to accomplish

In an earlier thread/post here on the forum, I had talked about an older-generation Cap1 card product I have that had a SL of $500 and for which I have not been able to successfully advance the CL beyond $1,000.  One of the posters on that thread had recommended contacting EO, but I had heard that the EO number had been discontinued, and my attempts to reach out to the Cap1 CEO were unsuccessful, so I thought I'd create this follow-up thread.  I am ideally not really interested in applying for a new Venture or QS either though just b/c I am not fond off the new higher APRs that come with the card products that Cap1 is currently offering.

Message 5 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

and that's why the number is gone. people are calling the executive office, a VERY busy department, for CLIs. come on... if you don't get one you don't get one. if you applied for a new card you'd get probably $3-$k that's what you have to do sometimes. pay your card more than once if need be but don't go to the executive office to ask for an increase...

that's like going to the ceo of your company and asking to take a lunch break
Message 6 of 18
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
and that's why the number is gone. people are calling the executive office, a VERY busy department, for CLIs. come on... if you don't get one you don't get one. if you applied for a new card you'd get probably $3-$k that's what you have to do sometimes. pay your card more than once if need be but don't go to the executive office to ask for an increase...

that's like going to the ceo of your company and asking to take a lunch break

Upper level management needs to do that Smiley Wink.  I actually had a 100+ score increase, and the eo does help with that.  They are the only ones that can do a permanent Apr reduction.  Since OP has card with 9.9% interest, I don't think even the EO will help here (trust me, they don't go much lower than the lowest rates on the quicksilver product, so they may not want you to grow this card).  That being said, more luck converting to quicksilver, then later asking for cli.  IF you want to keep account.

Signature needs updating
Message 7 of 18
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@galahad15 wrote:

How exactly do you contact Cap1 EO now that the previously-dedicated phone number is no longer available?  Also if you've already e-mailed the Cap1 CEO (as was helpfully suggested by one of the mods here i think earlier), but no luck there either on that front?

The last time I did it (August), I emailed the EO and did not receive a call back for seven days. I then emailed again and got a call back in two days. They then give you a code to input at the number they provide. I hope this helps and is still correct. Good luck.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 8 of 18
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@galahad15 wrote:

How long has it been since you sent your email?   They can take several days to respond.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 9 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I would echo giving them several days to respond, but what are you hoping for? With the limit you have, even the EO is not likely to make it into a huge, useful limit -- Capital One is not known for large CLIs, generally fairly modest ones.

I totally get not wanting to app further, but you will probably be better off just applying for a new QS instead of hassling with EO to get this one bumped up. It will never see the growth you are after. Some Capital One products just get "stuck" and that's how it goes. You can reapply and potentially get a 5 or 10k limit right off the bat. I know you said the APRs are higher than you want, but it doesn't matter unless you routinely carry balances.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.