Did you mean: 

How do you feel about Quicksilver?

tag
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: How do you feel about Quicksilver?

@NoMoreE46 wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

Convenience is nice, but if it's hard to reach $25 in rewards with a card, it's worth considering whether you're spreading your spend too thinly.

True. But my time frame is one to three months...

And, at least until recently, my "redemption frame" was plane tickets and hotel rooms. So a $25 minimum doesn't seem too great an inconvenience to me.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 81 of 83
wasCB14
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

Convenience is nice, but if it's hard to reach $25 in rewards with a card, it's worth considering whether you're spreading your spend too thinly.

Some of us don't have a ton of spend. The only monthly obligations I have are a $160 grocery budget, $140 for internet, and a $60 cell bill. Everything else is extra (and arguably wasteful) and mostly consists of Amazon so goes on my Amazon Store Card. It takes me months to hit $25 on my BCP and ClearPoints cards. I don't really care but it is an issue that's there. I want to move my internet and phone to my AOD card but I'm trying to hit that $25 redemption point so I can cash out first. 

I'm guessing you're in your first year with BCP, got a SUB, and your AF money is sunk. Because after your first year:

$160*12=$1,920. 6% is $115.20. Subtract $95 and $20.20 remains, which is 1.05% net cash back. You could downgrade to BCE and move that spend to AOD, too...then SD the BCE to keep the available credit.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 82 of 83
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

Some of us don't have a ton of spend. The only monthly obligations I have are a $160 grocery budget, $140 for internet, and a $60 cell bill. Everything else is extra (and arguably wasteful) and mostly consists of Amazon so goes on my Amazon Store Card. It takes me months to hit $25 on my BCP and ClearPoints cards. I don't really care but it is an issue that's there. I want to move my internet and phone to my AOD card but I'm trying to hit that $25 redemption point so I can cash out first. 

I'm guessing you're in your first year with BCP, got a SUB, and your AF money is sunk. Because after your first year:

$160*12=$1,920. 6% is $115.20. Subtract $95 and $20.20 remains, which is 1.05% net cash back. You could downgrade to BCE and move that spend to AOD, too...then SD the BCE to keep the available credit.

Yes I am in my first year. They gave me a $300 SUB so I went for it. I will downgrade to BCE but probably keep it as my grocery card. I don't want the AOD card to have any physical swipes, I keep my fraud exposure on that level down to BCP, BBVA when they send me bonus point offers for groceries, and SavorOne when I want fast food. Honestly my spending outlook shifted drastically now that I found out that my disability setting in before my 26th birthday makes me eligible for an ABLE account which means I no longer have to blow $500+ a month to keep my Medicaid and can just start putting it in that account instead and let it grow. 

Message 83 of 83
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.