cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you keep track of your reward cards?

tag
red259
Super Contributor

How do you keep track of your reward cards?

Just curious what methods people use to keep track of their reward cards. For example, excel, third party programs, just from memory? What information do you keep track of e.g. AF dates, payment due dates, benefits, year to date earnings, etc. Does anyone also keep track of miles in various loyalty programs in the same program? For me I just do stuff from memory. Really not the best way to do it and I probably burn too much time checking all each my accounts.  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
arizonahd
Contributor

Re: How do you keep track of your reward cards?

I use a spreadsheet, it's the same I use for my general finance. It's handy as my wife has no clue what's going on, so if something happens to me she can see EVERYTHING. I put the promo APR end date, but that's about it. 

However, I really don't track rewards as it's too much work IMO. I do make mental notes as to what bonus categories are running, or what cards to use depending on the type of spend. I also like to be surprised when I see the bonuses! 

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to keep my wallet simple so that it isn't so much work.
I use a day planner as well that I use for every day life, so I can always look back and see if anything jogs my memory.
Message 3 of 26
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

Spreadsheet also.  I track date of account was open, closed, credit limit, credit increase, statement cut off date, msr requirement, sub if applicable, reward categories etc.  I have to so I make sure I'm getting the most value when using my cards.

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also following soccerdad's approach, as I want to experiment with AZEO to learn how that method impacts my scores.

Message 5 of 26
red259
Super Contributor

@arizonahd wrote:

I use a spreadsheet, it's the same I use for my general finance. It's handy as my wife has no clue what's going on, so if something happens to me she can see EVERYTHING. I put the promo APR end date, but that's about it. 

However, I really don't track rewards as it's too much work IMO. I do make mental notes as to what bonus categories are running, or what cards to use depending on the type of spend. I also like to be surprised when I see the bonuses! 

Don't kid yourself. Women know a whole lot more about what is going on than they let on. 

;
Message 6 of 26
red259
Super Contributor

@sdsoccerdad wrote:

Spreadsheet also.  I track date of account was open, closed, credit limit, credit increase, statement cut off date, msr requirement, sub if applicable, reward categories etc.  I have to so I make sure I'm getting the most value when using my cards.

This is probably obviously but I am drawing a blank. What is MSR requirement?

;
Message 7 of 26
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@sdsoccerdad wrote:

At a guess, minimum spend requirement (requirement!)

Message 8 of 26
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@red259 wrote:

@arizonahd wrote:

Don't kid yourself. Women know a whole lot more about what is going on than they let on. 

😂😂😂😂Yes we do

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 9 of 26
sdsoccerdad
Established Contributor

@red259 wrote:

@sdsoccerdad wrote:

Minimum spend requirement.  Typically for when you are going for the sign up bonus you have to meet a minimum spend before earning the signup bonus. 

Personal Cards:

Business Cards:

Started my journey in the high 500's 10/1/2016
Current Fico: EQ:740 | TU:757 | EX:775
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.