cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you make a cc payment at NFCU before it's due?

tag
bbb925
Regular Contributor

How do you make a cc payment at NFCU before it's due?

I have tried several things and I can't find how to make a payment. I logged in and clicked on make a payment but my checking account is with an external branch until we receive the checking account packet from NFCU. So I added my external account for transfers and now I have to wait for something in the mail to make sure it's me I guess...is that right just to make a payment on a cc? I'm confused as I like to pay the bill right after I charge something not wait till it's due...so how do I do that? Any feedback greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
JagerBombs89
Established Contributor

Re: How do you make a cc payment at NFCU before it's due?

Does your current bank offer Bill Pay / Web Bill Pay?  If so you could "push" a payment to NFCU.
Message 2 of 11
bbb925
Regular Contributor

I usually pay everything online using my visa check or checking account. I've never tried the bill pay option but will look into that. ThanksSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 11
Established Contributor

@bbb925 wrote:

I have tried several things and I can't find how to make a payment. I logged in and clicked on make a payment but my checking account is with an external branch until we receive the checking account packet from NFCU. So I added my external account for transfers and now I have to wait for something in the mail to make sure it's me I guess...is that right just to make a payment on a cc? I'm confused as I like to pay the bill right after I charge something not wait till it's due...so how do I do that? Any feedback greatly appreciated.

My experience with this is related to a PSECU checking account I added as an external account for transfers at NFCU. Like you, I did not want to wait for a confirmation in the mail . So, I called customer service at NFCU, shortly after I added the account online, and the CSR just verified some information and I was able to transfer funds immediately to my CC with that new external PSECU checking  account.

I have a checking account with NFCU as well, but I do not think that makes a difference.

ETA: One can transfer funds from an external checking account and over pay a CC with NFCU such that you have a negative balance.

Message 4 of 11
bbb925
Regular Contributor

It's rough when you're a freak like me who has a regimen and keeps everything organized and when it comes to someone else controlling how long it takes for something that I want to accomplish..in example... making me wait 7-10 days just to pay a bill.....which that's like an eternity in my life..lol! So being the freak that I am, I log on to my external bank account and sign up for the web bill pay so I can hopefully push a payment through that way and low and behold another 7-10 day wait to process the new Web Bill Pay option..Holy Cow...are they trying to kill a girl or what??!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the feedback!Smiley Tongue

Message 5 of 11
Established Contributor

@bbb925 wrote:

It's rough when you're a freak like me who has a regimen and keeps everything organized and when it comes to someone else controlling how long it takes for something that I want to accomplish..in example... making me wait 7-10 days just to pay a bill.....which that's like an eternity in my life..lol! So being the freak that I am, I log on to my external bank account and sign up for the web bill pay so I can hopefully push a payment through that way and low and behold another 7-10 day wait to process the new Web Bill Pay option..Holy Cow...are they trying to kill a girl or what??!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for the feedback!Smiley Tongue

LOL! Smiley Very Happy

My 18 year old son would say this describes me. However, the word he uses to describe me is "anal".

I think I would prefer he use the word "freak". Smiley Tongue

Message 6 of 11
chasmith
Valued Contributor

Not just for NFCU, I find some CC vendors won't let you pay more than current balance online, so I use web billpay to pay balance plus ten or twenty dollars to be sure any interest is covered if I want to be sure the card reports at zero.

BK7 Filed 8/11/2009 Discharged 11/23/2009. Purchased new home 4/11/2012
Starting Score:11/16/2009 EQ 566 11/16/2009 TU 538
Interim Score: 12/27/2012 EQ 683 09/17/2012 EX (lender) 670 1/01/2013 TU 701
Current Score: 11/06/2013 EQ 708 11/06/2013 EX 702 11/16/2013 702 11/06/2013 TU 729
Goal Score: EQ 740 EX 740 TU 740
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 11
bbb925
Regular Contributor

I was gonna use "anal" but describing myself that way just seemed so gross..lol... I will loan you "freak" as you could put the word "super" in front of it and now you got game...just like me..lol! Have a great one!Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 11
bbb925
Regular Contributor

I wIll do what you do  chasmith, but not for about 7-10 days from nowSmiley Tongue Once that checking account packet comes, then DD...probably another 7-10 days then maybe I will be able to be "normal" again. Thanks for the feedback!Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bbb925 wrote:

There are two methods for adding an extrernal account.  One is to do what you did and wait for the verification code to arrive in the mail.

Or you can call and add it over the phone.  The CSR will ask you a dozen questions to confirm your identity and then add the account.  It will be available for use immediately.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.