cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you manage Amex Charge Cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you manage Amex Charge Cards?

@Anonymous wrote:

I saw the 50,000 PRG with $1000 in the first three months promotion. Applied and three days later got an e-mail saying it got rushed approved. I have yet to receive it but I will definately be able to throw in $1000 every month, let's see if the $195 pays itself. If not I will probably still keep it, the perks are good POM.

I was able to grab the platinum card with the 100k points bonus with 3k spent in first 3mo. That is worth more than the AF right there not to mention I just spent nearly 4hr in delta sky club last weekend and had access just because I have the platinum card, $200 airline incidentals/year, credit for TSA precheck or global entry once you pay for it they will issue credit every 5yr (which is how long each is valid for). I am very happy with my platinum charge card and especially the sign up bonus I will be receiving!

Message 21 of 24
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@icyhot wrote:

How do you manage Amex Charge Cards?

Pretty much the same way as I manage my credit cards since I don't carry balances (except on 0% offers).

@icyhot wrote:

Is it worth it?

Jury's out on that as we take the Platinum out for a spin.  With a 50K bonus and the other credits and benefits the first year is more than covered.  We're not so sure about the following years though.

Worth is always highly subjective so you can't just poll others to determine if it's worth it to you.  Run the numbers for your spend.  You should be doing this for any rewards card you're considering.

Message 22 of 24
Legen_dary
Frequent Contributor

What is this premium roadside assistance everyone is talking about?! I run all my expenses through my EDP, but I plan to keep the Plat for the other perks. Now if only they would build a lounge at O'Hare...

Message 23 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a green card and have my wife as an authorized user with her own card. We pretty much use it like a joint checking account and run well over 4k a month through it. I do however plan on upgrading to the PRG in a few months when i can becuase of the changes coming, that card will be beastly for the amount of spending we do and where. Along with the offers like 5 bucks at pet smart, 15 at amazon yada yada, the anual fee is really a non issue. Im a fan of their dino charge cards. 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.