Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you pay your NFCU CC's and other CU CC's

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: How do you pay your NFCU CC's and other CU CC's

@Jnbmom wrote:

Speaking of pet peeves. BMO harris even though you pay your bill, it will still display payment amount due, which drives me crazy. I was checking my accounts this evening and went to check on them, for a moment I thought i didn't pay but I realized I did the day after statement cut.

I really wish they would fix that though..............................................................................................

Unless there's been a recent change BBVA does this as well.  Smiley Frustrated

(FWIW I also find it extremely annoying.)

Message 21 of 51
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I pay my credit catds / Navy with a transfer from my checking to them.. nothing complicated lolSmiley Wink

Message 22 of 51
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can pay with both internal NFCU accounts or external financial institutions. I pay my 3 NFCU cards from my Chase checking account. You just add your account number and routing number like any other credit card payment. Then make payment when ever you need.

I mostly use the NFCU app to make payments. Takes about 10 seconds. 

Yes, but you have to manually make that payment. So if you use the credit card as a daily driver you need to manually go into the NFCU account and make the payment on the due date or before. There is no way to "set it & forget it" like other (FI's). I'm totally aware I'm being picky and in no way saying NFCU isn't worth the CC. Just curious who else doesn't like this and also found ways around it.

@Gmood1 is notorious for wanting external auto pay lol but in all seriousness, if you cant take a minute to login and make a payment, its probably not a card worth having. I know alot want pay and forget but by actually  logging in and paying it manually you can make  sure nothing funny going on with account.  Just my view on itSmiley Wink

Message 23 of 51
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You can pay with both internal NFCU accounts or external financial institutions. I pay my 3 NFCU cards from my Chase checking account. You just add your account number and routing number like any other credit card payment. Then make payment when ever you need.

I mostly use the NFCU app to make payments. Takes about 10 seconds. 

Yes, but you have to manually make that payment. So if you use the credit card as a daily driver you need to manually go into the NFCU account and make the payment on the due date or before. There is no way to "set it & forget it" like other (FI's). I'm totally aware I'm being picky and in no way saying NFCU isn't worth the CC. Just curious who else doesn't like this and also found ways around it.

@Gmood1 is notorious for wanting external auto pay lol but in all seriousness, if you cant take a minute to login and make a payment, its probably not a card worth having. I know alot want pay and forget but by actually  logging in and paying it manually you can make  sure nothing funny going on with account.  Just my view on itSmiley Wink

@AverageJoesCredit 

My issue isn't logging in, it's remembering. lol

I pay 16 to 18 CCs a month on average.

Unless you don't have a life, logging in to pay recurring bills is a waste of time IMO. 

Banks have auto pay for a reason.

The bills are mainly recurring, so the auto pay works well for that.

I apologise for not being a fan boy or girl of Navy Fed😆. I just have too many to keep up with to babysit one lender.

Message 24 of 51
frugal47374
Regular Contributor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

10 seconds a month doesn't really bother me. Smiley Very Happy

Lol, yeah I know but I'm a "what-if" person. I would be vexed if I was on vacation etc. and missed the payment. But I guess I'm the only one who finds this "annoying" Smiley LOL

No, you are not the only person who finds it annoying ... but I go to bed before 2 A.M.

We are, however, evidently a minority here.  I have all my credit cards on automatic pay of the statement balance on the due date.  I think once a bank might have failed to do that at the right time.  When I complained, they reversed all charges.

I do look at the credit card statements I receive in the mail (yes, I'm a paper guy).  That's all the monitoring I feel is necessary.  There are some credit card accounts I haven't signed into for months. 

I did open an NFCU checking and savings account a few months ago, because I could.  I haven't opened a credit card yet, partially because of this missing feature.  I can't even push money to savings (which is the only reason I opened checking.)  But I suppose why NFCU is this way will remain a mystery.

Message 25 of 51
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

I absolutely hate that NFCU won't let me do an automatic minimum payment due payment from external sources. They are the only credit card company I use that doesn't allow this. Really frustrating, and I hope they add that functionality.

Message 26 of 51
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

It seems that the people that are saying it isn't a big deal are missing the point. The auto-payment is a safety net. The OP never said they don't check their accounts, they just want the piece of mind.

While it doesn't matter to me about autopay, I get what they're saying. If you were to get into an accident a couple of days before your payment is due, you might not be able to pay or it would be the last thing on anyone's mind. It would save the hassle of getting goodwill adjustments later.

Message 27 of 51
VPExecutive
Frequent Contributor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

You're far from the only one who is bothered by it. It's one of the only things people criticize NFCU for with their credit cards. While it doesn't personally bother me, I also am perplexed why they don't have the feature. 

I believe NFCU and other CU's who disregard implementing this simple feature are simply saying you "will" bank with us or you will make manual payments for our CC's. Especially NFCU who gives out LARGE SL/CLI on their cards.

NFCU doesn't have that kind of culture for members. In my opinion, the online banking just needs a refresh (looks-wise and functionality wise). You can always set up automatic payments from your other bank's bill pay system... That is what I do. 

Message 28 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jnbmom wrote:

Speaking of pet peeves. BMO harris even though you pay your bill, it will still display payment amount due, which drives me crazy. I was checking my accounts this evening and went to check on them, for a moment I thought i didn't pay but I realized I did the day after statement cut.

I really wish they would fix that though..............................................................................................

Ugh BBVA used to do that. So glad they fixed that!

Message 29 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@Jnbmom wrote:

Unless there's been a recent change BBVA does this as well.  Smiley Frustrated

(FWIW I also find it extremely annoying.)

They fixed it a few months back. 
FE890196-7BB3-4BBB-82B6-BBFC4B6EE1F9.jpeg

Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.