Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you pay your NFCU CC's and other CU CC's

tag
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: How do you pay your NFCU CC's and other CU CC's

Paying NFCU credit cards is easy.  Just click on the orange box that says "pay," then indicate the amount you want to pay and the account from which the payment is to be made.  Most of the time I pay from my NFCU checking account.  Once in a rare while I pay from PenFed checking or Schwab checking.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 41 of 51
BLAIX
Contributor

Boy am I confused - do you guys not have the ability to set up autopay for your NFCU CC? My cashRewards card is set to pay the minimum payment monthly (via Scheduled Transfer) from my NFCU e-Checking account. I usually go in and pay the full balance, but all my CC's are set to minimum auto pay so I never have to worry about a late, but still check and balance monthly prior to paying the balance off. 

Total Credit: $96,000. Total Utilization: 4%
[[Starting Score (10/2014): EQ: 674 | EX: 680 | TU: 745]] | [[Current Score (02/2020): EQ: 808 | EX: ??? | TU: 778]] | [[Goal Score: 800 Club]]
Message 42 of 51
frugal47374
Regular Contributor

@BLAIX wrote:

do you guys not have the ability to set up autopay for your NFCU CC?

What we cannot do is set up autopay from a non-NFCU account for minimum or statement balance.

I can do that with every other credit card I have, even with credit unions.

Message 43 of 51
BLAIX
Contributor

@frugal47374 Ah OK, that's what I was missing. I love NFCU and I had a fallout with USAA sometime back around 2013 (still have an open account and CC but they are both growing cobwebs at this point) so I do a lot of my financial business through them. I would imagine they make it complicated so as to encourage CC users to open a sharesavings/checking account with NFCU for ease of payment. 

Total Credit: $96,000. Total Utilization: 4%
[[Starting Score (10/2014): EQ: 674 | EX: 680 | TU: 745]] | [[Current Score (02/2020): EQ: 808 | EX: ??? | TU: 778]] | [[Goal Score: 800 Club]]
Message 44 of 51
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@BLAIX 

Yeah, the NFCU technique worked just the opposite for me. I use them less because of it.😂

Message 45 of 51
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

I look at it this way and it's not just the finance industry. Somethings work better together than they do separately. What I mean by that is NFCU or any cu for that matter doesn't care how inconvenient you find payment with another cu as long as there's work seamlessly. If you don't like it you don't like. It it's on their high list of priorities. Kinda like having an app for the apple card on android wouldn't be a propriety for Apple as it's meant to work best with i products. I know I'm stretching it here lol, but I hope some understand where I'm going.

Message 46 of 51
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Eagered2succeed wrote:

I look at it this way and it's not just the finance industry. Somethings work better together than they do separately. What I mean by that is NFCU or any cu for that matter doesn't care how inconvenient you find payment with another cu as long as there's work seamlessly. If you don't like it you don't like. It it's on their high list of priorities. Kinda like having an app for the apple card on android wouldn't be a propriety for Apple as it's meant to work best with i products. I know I'm stretching it here lol, but I hope some understand where I'm going.

@Eagered2succeed 

I sure hope they implement it one day. If not, it's cool. Spend will continue to go to other FIs CCs. Either way I wont inconvenience myself for any of these bank's or CUs.

Doesn't matter who they are. Customers should always come first.

Especially something this easy to implement. They are the only one out of 20 CUs I've dealt with that don't have this feature.

Message 47 of 51
Eagered2succeed
Frequent Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Eagered2succeed wrote:

@Eagered2succeed 

I sure hope they implement it one day. If not, it's cool. Spend will continue to go to other FIs CCs. Either way I wont inconvenience myself for any of these bank's or CUs.

Doesn't matter who they are. Customers should always come first.

Especially something this easy to implement. They are the only one out of 20 CUs I've dealt with that don't have this feature.

Although I don't see it as a big inconvience I do agree with you about choice. Hopefully one day they will implent it. I've learned that there is no perfect FI. All of them do someone we dislike or wish they could do better. As long as the positve outweights the negative I'm good.

Message 48 of 51
MrT_521
Regular Contributor

@TheFIGuy wrote:

I'm a "set it and forget it" type of guy.

Yes, me too! I was just approved for SDFCU Premium Cash Back+ (you can read my approval story here). One of the things that I'll have to work out is how to pay the statement with the least hassle. I have every one of my credit cards set up with autopay to pay the statement balance on or right before the due date. I read on another forum that you can actually set up to autopay your SDFCU statement from an outside account by mailing in paperwork. I am an expat though, so I'm not sure how to do that...

Otherwise, I'll probably just transfer funds to the SDFCU savings account, and set up autopay from that. I agree with other posters in here that like the protection autopay provides from forgetting about it, or an accident or some other emergency preventing the payment being made. I regularly log into my accounts and look for anomolies, so I'll still see if something is amiss. I just like to use autopay; "set it and forget it"! 

@TheFIGuy wrote:

Lol, yeah I know but I'm a "what-if" person. I would be vexed if I was on vacation etc. and missed the payment. But I guess I'm the only one who finds this "annoying" Smiley LOL

No you're not the only one! This is me all the way.

Personal Cards

Business Cards

Debit Cards

FICO 8 Scores (as of Dec 14, 2022)

Message 49 of 51
frugal47374
Regular Contributor

@MrT_521 wrote:

I read on another forum that you can actually set up to autopay your SDFCU statement from an outside account by mailing in paperwork. I am an expat though, so I'm not sure how to do that...

I have set up SDFCU to autopay my balance the minimum from an outside account.  If you can call, they can do it over the phone.  If not, contact them and they will send you a form to fill out that will accomplish the same thing.

(Amended for the sake of accuracy, although it makes no difference.  Since I only use SDFCU for 0% convenience checks, I pay the minimum until I manually pay it off at the end of the 0% period.)

Message 50 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.