cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you remember to pay your CC on time?

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

How do you remember to pay your CC on time?

In the last week or so, I've read 2 diff posts from people who were suffering the consequences of paying a CC payment late. One was by 1 day and their interest went to 25%! The other, I recall their FICO reflected a 30-day late, which tanked their score.

Now that I have several CC, I am terrified that I am going to forget a due date and end up in CC purgatory. I'd really appreciate hearing how others are remembering to make the payments. Do you use Outlook? Is there an iPhone app? Would really like to know how others are managing their CCs.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 1 of 74
73 REPLIES 73
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: How do you remember to pay your CC on time?

I  use a spreadsheet with all my open accounts and check them atleast every other day or so I also use mint and pageonce probably overkill

Message 2 of 74
sandsanta
Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

In the last week or so, I've read 2 diff posts from people who were suffering the consequences of paying a CC payment late. One was by 1 day and their interest went to 25%! The other, I recall their FICO reflected a 30-day late, which tanked their score.

Now that I have several CC, I am terrified that I am going to forget a due date and end up in CC purgatory. I'd really appreciate hearing how others are remembering to make the payments. Do you use Outlook? Is there an iPhone app? Would really like to know how others are managing their CCs.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

Setup autopay.

Message 3 of 74
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

What is autopay? Is that with your bank or the CCs?

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 74
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I've read briefly about mint and pageone, but am concerned about privacy issues. It seems like it's giving a 3rd party access to all of your financial data. Makes me nervous. Smiley Surprised

I do have a s/sht set up to keep track of CCs, CLIs, etc. But not to remind me of payments due. I'd still be afraid that I'll forget or miss something.

Message 5 of 74
john398
Senior Contributor

You could pay the min  whenever you get your bill than you know atleast it will never be late

Message 6 of 74
sandsanta
Contributor

Autopay authorizes your CC company to automatically pay your balance the day its due from your checking account.  It can usually be configured for minimum, PIF, or custom amount.

Message 7 of 74
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@john398 wrote:

You could pay the min  whenever you get your bill than you know atleast it will never be late

Yeah, that's what I did this month, actually.

Message 8 of 74
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I didn't see that on any of my CC websites. Do they all offer this?

Message 9 of 74
Ms-Kato
Contributor

I just have the CC company send me alerts 5 days ahead of time when payment is due..you can pick how many days in advance you

want the alert sent. You can also set up auto pay using your bank account.

I know I can do this with my cap1 and discover cards,,haven't checked barclay or walmart or kohls to see

if that option exists.

Message 10 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.