Did you mean: 

How do you use your Chase Freedom?

tag
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: How do you use your Chase Freedom?

@delaney1 wrote:

So, how do you use your Freedom?

Normally just for category spend but currently it's being used to park a 0% balance.

Message 11 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently using it for day to day spend since I consistently redeem UR for 2 cents per point. For me it's a 2% card with 10% on gas and 0% APR until late next year. Love it.
Message 12 of 27
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@delaney1 wrote:

I will be getting my Freedom in the mail in a few days and plan to use it for the bonus categories only. My everyday card is my Cap One QS. So, how do you use your Freedom?

I like to stare at mine and use my psychic powers to charge purchases I plan to make in the future. 

Message 13 of 27
delaney1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Currently using it for day to day spend since I consistently redeem UR for 2 cents per point. For me it's a 2% card with 10% on gas and 0% APR until late next year. Love it.

How do you do that?

thanks for all the replies!

Message 14 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

categories only but currently with the gas i am using my SM because it's new and i want an auto CLI when it comes time. chase hasn't changed my limit in the 3.5 years i have had it so naw i will use it another time. next year perhaps lol
Message 15 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@delaney1 wrote:

I will be getting my Freedom in the mail in a few days and plan to use it for the bonus categories only. My everyday card is my Cap One QS. So, how do you use your Freedom?

How much sign up bonus you got? I think the $200 deal is over in june.

Message 16 of 27
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

I used mine to purchase a new privacy fence for my backyard. I got 0% until June 2016 and it will be PIF way before then. Smiley Very Happy Future use will be for 5% categories only!!! Smiley Wink

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 17 of 27
Simply827
Established Contributor

I currently use it to keep my other SD cards company.

I have a BT on it and can't make new purchases without paying interest. I wish lenders would adopt Barclays policy of avoiding interest on new purchases if you PIF them when you have a BT. 

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 711 EX08 731 TU08 735
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25k | Discover IT $15.7k | Cap 1 QS $10k | PSECU $10k | Citi DC $9300 | Citi DP $6800 | Barclay Ring $6500 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Chase Slate $5000 | Barclays AA $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $500
Message 18 of 27
mikelo22
Established Contributor

It's my go-to card when the category is good. But since it's gas this quarter it's in the sock drawer since I have SallieMae.

It probably needs a break anyway from using it so much last quarter Smiley Happy
Message 19 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

^ i am like you. i eat out way too much haha
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.